1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobcat Challenge - WINNER!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Feb 3, 2011.

1. 1

4.5%
  2. 2

0.3%
  3. 3

4.0%
  4. 4

3.2%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

2.4%
  7. 7

1.6%
  8. 8

0.3%
  9. 9

8.2%
  10. 10

9.8%
  11. 11

6.4%
  12. 12

0.5%
  13. 13

4.0%
  14. 14

11.2%
  15. 15

0.3%
  16. 16

41.2%
  17. 17

2.1%
  1. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Congrats Cole!

I voted for yours. :)
    The eyes really made it I think, they look just like my own cats' when they make that pose...

2. redog76

redog76 New Member

Yea i got my mold through Van dykes. It was the same as Coles stock. I turned it a little more to try and flatten the head out. Coles is def the bomb though. I got a long way to go to catch up to him, but he is good inspiratiion. It would be nice to do more cats, as we dont get many opportunities over here on the east coast.. Thanks again Codi. Put a pic up of the plaque if ya got one :)

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I call FOWL!! It is not fair to the other competitors to take pictures of live cats and enter them in a taxidermy competition!!! You should be ashamed of yourself Cole. j/k

Truly, that is an amazing looking cat. Congrats Cole.

4. Cole is going to post a pic of the plaque with his cat when he gets it. I sent it this afternoon so it'll be there in a couple days Cole.

5. shane d

shane d New Member

Hey Cole, Congratulation, looks like you were paying attention in class.Ha. Hope to see you at the world show.You may not recognize me there, I got a haircut..Congratulations again, shane

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

Nice jobs Folks, and congrats Cole, although you had some stiff competition imo ;)

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

If you got a haircut I def. won't recognize you. LOL

8. richm

richm Only in Texas

"stiff competition" Now that's funny!!!

As well, many of the mounts were outstanding in their field.

I think Cole won by a nose

:):):)

9. Who does a good bobcat mount? JK Mine is already in the hands (freezer actually) of the master! Congratulations, Cole!

10. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Very, very nice! Congratulations Mr. Cole :) For some reason I really thought those were pictures of a live cat ;D It definitely jumped out at me!

11. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

Cole,

You certainly did the challenge proud. Congratulations!

RATTRAP
    Brian

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Congrats my friend!

13. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Cole your later picture showed off the details of that cat much better and it is the well deserved winner, awesome job.

Catgear #13, very clean looking cat, I voted for yours.

14. alexm

alexm New Member

Congrats great job every one

15. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Good job Cole. Harder to choose this year but still managed to pick yours.

16. Hahah, what big dummy voted for mine? I didn't even vote for my own, I voted for Cole's!

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

i voted for number 13, as it had a convincing attitude with the pose. Now, I want the contestants to go look at reference on bobcat nose and ear and eye trough colors. ;)

18. RDA

RDA Active Member

you know what they say,,, those that CANT, Judge..... ;D

19. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Very nice work on the Bobcat there Cole....Your grooming was excellent and the muzzle is what I
    voted for....Congrats!

Mike

20. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I thought it was going to be a close race between number 10 and 16. I voted for 16 over 10 because it was more of a close up shot and I could see the cat better. Not that I know a damn thing about cats but I know what I like. HMMMM Sound like a judge don't I....... :p ;D