1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ok, here are some pictures, competition rosetted cats and some misc

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by bob wendt, Feb 3, 2011.

1. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I`ll let you look awhile then come back. here are sample skunks, striped possum, a badger with fur on the belly( the back looks 10 times better than any badger ever listed). notice the striking facial markings on some of the cats. look a while, get your questions and interest in mind and we`ll go from there. some of the cats are big 30 lb toms, others 15 lb kittens, and everything in between. all trapped and handled by me. the pictures are poor as cheap dime store camera and lighting always too light or too dark. I had to skip more pictures than shown due to lighting just ruined the picture. remember I am on remote western trapline. I give you my word, every animal is as good or better than it looks. cats are $300and up. the fur market is just real strong right now so prices are up. and these are westerns, not southern cats, so they have fur plus spots, and clear white bellys- no brown bellys. I have 62 cats and only listed the top 6 or 8 ones, taxidermy ones that is. so this isn`t hey I caught one, it`s the creme off the top. more later as it unfolds [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Absolutely beautiful as always Bob

3. how much for the badger

4. bob wendt

badger is sold, pending ck arrival. I have other badgers real good, but not that good. I`ll get pics of them up at a later date as I start getting thru the freezers. I have about 175 coyotes, 62 cats, near 100 coon, 90 skunk and misc other furs to go thru and grade. if you can use true western heavy coyotes, or semi heavys be sure and talk to me, these coyotes are just spectacular competiton quality. and also have the skulls off all these animals too, guaranteed no bullets or ball bats. none bought, all my own catch so I know how killed and handled on everything and exactly when and how

5. that porky looks awesome. So many of them are patchy, that I've seen. :/
    Great critter!

6. Bob is your lowest priced cat going to be 300$

7. bob wendt

that porky is more than full, it`s a near luecistic, the sunlight doesn`t show it. the underside is near cream colored. pm if interested

8. bob wendt

big bone, of the pictured cats, yes. remember these are not southern cats, so they have fur value too in addition to taxidermy value. no eastern brown bellys and no southern short hair, real fur and color both. the nafa sale and a few big western states sales like fallon, nevada are coming up in a month, and they will set the tone on cat prices. so far there is great optimism for $5-600 averages and $1,000 tops on the better grade western goods, so if that happens, 300 is dirt cheap, in fact foolish low. however, we`ve all heard these stories before and right before the sale say oil drops to $40 a barrel, the 2 koreas go to war, and all the sudden cats go begging at 150 bucks. I`ve seen it happen both ways. so, wait and if they aren`t sold, and it tanks, you bet I`ll get cheaper. for now I`m kind of playing the middle and hoping. I "THINK" if I sent the whole collection to nafa, biggest to littlest, they would average about $330 and net me $290 after commissions. but that is just a guess based on the knowledge at hand today.

9. bob welcome back interestd in a nice porky how much are they thanks ed

10. chickenhawk

chickenhawk SKULL TECH TROPHY MOUNTS

Do you have any pics of coons this year. I'm wanting a giant.

11. bob wendt

chickenhawk, no pics as they look just like a coon but about 4 times the size of a tenn coon. serious. if you want one they are $40 and $15.70 shipping. as always , sold satisfaction guaranteed or money refunded. so if not as nice or big as you think it should be, or expected, no problem, get your money back, as long as coon comes back in same shape it left. so no risk on your part. I can get some pics of a skinned one. it looks like just a real real big coon, say top end mn/dakota type as to size

12. czykdbcz

czykdbcz Artist or just crazy

va
    Nice!!

13. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

arent ocelots protected

14. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Haha, those are all bobcats.

Gorgeous specimens, Bob. Maybe email me some of the iffy pictures and I'll see if I can salvage them in photoshop. Sometimes adjusting levels is all you need to do

Edit: see the difference! It's not perfect but it might help. Those two took me like 2 min apiece.

Attached Files:

15. bob wendt

oh wow, I can`t believe the difference. if you can fix these pics I`ll definitly do something special for you. I had one trapping pic I really wanted. I had 4 adult coyotes all caught in a 20 foot area and wanted that picture for my wall. of course it didn`t turn out. and wanted to mail a copy to the rancher too. he asked me to trap that pasture for coyotes as he was starting to calve and the coyotes cost him calves every year. I ended up 7 at that spot. denning in wyoming in the spring, getting 6-7 pups in a row is no biggy, but a "quad" of adults in january is a different deal. I have the pics on a disc and I`ll try to send the disc to you. if the snow and ice melts I`ll go to the bone piles and finda bunch of atlas bones for you, or something. I know sales on here are about 90% presentation and I know my animals are as good or better as many I see sell, but I lack the photography savvy to make mine look good. I`m a better trapper than a salesman.

16. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

I can't promise they'll all be fixed or ready to hang on the wall, photoshop can only do so much. If the information isn't in the negative, nothing I do can bring it out, but I can certainly enhance it as much as possible, or at least make important elements visible. I can work with most of the digital files, but for the really tough ones I might need the actual negatives to scan. At the 1-hour photo developing thing they just have a standard exposure setting but I can vary that in the scanning process. This standard setting plays to an "average" so over or underexposed negatives don't turn out well, but change the setting itself and some of the information is salvageable.

So yeah, email me some of the files for quick fixes and snail mail me some negatives for detailed fixes and I'll see what I can do.

17. J. Ivy

J. Ivy New Member

wow bob, you are a trapping machine !! How long did you trap this year ?
    Nice cats , I know what you mean on the picture problem and I use a digital camera but the pictures just dont look the same
    as they do in person.

18. bob wendt

I farm here in indiana and trap for a few weeks in the fall. then run a u cut christmas tree operation till christmas. google in lostfortytreefarm.com to see my farming operation. then after christmas I head west for 4-5 weeks of trapping. then home for marketing the catch and spring planting. then off to wyoming in the spring and summer doing predator control- denning/trapping- for wool growers(sheep ranches), with stints home for farming needs. and then it`s a year later. it`s been a great life. poor pay but wouldn`t trade it for anything even if I had it to do all over again. that`s my life , the short version. I received a dvm degree and did that till the early 80`s and soon became bored with that. I`m 63 now and have trapped since the 5th grade. the bug bit me hard and has never left. I`ll do this as long as my health allows and I have any kind of market at all. I`m proud to say I have inovated many of the methods and tools used in modern trapping methods. there is a good bit of jealousy, I`m sure the same with successful taxidermist. some folks just can`t stand for others to excell in their chosen field. it goes with the territory no matter the profession.

19. Rage, you can also try putting in some colour transparencies, and overlays to add in colour and depth that isn't there already. :)
    Overlays are da bomb.

20. Brian

Brian Active Member

bob, is that big ol porky still for sale?