1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ February 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ February 2011 !!!!!!!!

A warm welcome from Sunny Florida! I am privileged to once again be a judge at the Florida State Taxidermy convention and competition. The folks are so friendly and very talented here at this show I hope if your in the areas you take a day to come and visit the show to see what the FTA is all about! As we come in the 2011 State show season I hope you all take advantage to attend your local state show to meet friends and to take in a few seminars to learn a thing or tow to make your work more profitable or just a little bit more satisfying for you! Lets get this month start with the next chapter in inspiration for the fishheads who spend time at this posting on this tremendous web site!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start off this February recognizing those from all over the world who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past month’s pictures! Absolutely breathtaking art work!!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

A great New Years and a continuation to this already great month! Fishheads!!!!!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of February with a great guy and a taxidermist who helps all of the New England area better their taxidermy skills by serving as the president of the New England Association of Taxidermist. This January Mr. Matt Marulli of Oxford Connecticut came out to work on reproductions and some finished work to help advance matt’s personal and professional efforts as a taxidermist! Matt is already an accomplished mammal taxidermist and a very personable gentleman it was a joy to have Matt here for his workshop!

I hope you enjoy the work of Matt Marulli!
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in March!

So here we go and here is to a great February in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

Here is Matt Marulli’s Pictures of some of the cool stuff he worked on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Welcome to the south Rick, see you in a few weeks. Here is a Dolphin on a New Wave blank. Nice fish Matt!

Attached Files:

3. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Awesome fishes so far! Not a good place to post my fishes :) . But Here comes.
    Atlantic salmon skin mount. Early spawning, not full spawning colour yet. Caught from border river of Finland and Norway, 42 inches (107 cm). There will be splashes and artificial water too... base is not ready yet
    [​IMG]

And second is pedestal European perch 17". Skin mount too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hi Rick, I want to thank you again for an awesome two days, I learned so much. I look forward to coming back up and working on other things. The work posted on here is great and I am now eager to get those perch done and post them here. See you at the workshop in April.

Matt

5. bnoody

bnoody Member

Nice work guys

Matt, I love the rainbow and looking forward to the workshop in April.

6. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

Here is a replica 62 pound King Salmon that I just finished. I used a lot of pictures for reference from "Google Images". The eyes are custom painted and The replica is from Lake Country...at least that is what the person told me that I bought the replica from. But I think it turned out OK...what do you think.

[​IMG]

This is a full side view of the fish. This fish will be mounted in a rock bed scene with driftwood later. Will post again when it is done.

[​IMG]

7. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Great work so far. I normally look at the awesome work here but don't post mine. The main reason is I just don't feel I measure up to anything near you people. But for some reason I feel I should give it a try. So here is a recent perch mount.

Attached Files:

8. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    A commercial reproduction heading to TX

Attached Files:

9. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    and the other bass in the order.

Attached Files:

10. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

WOW! Ken those are awesome looking. Nice Job!

11. WNWA

WNWA New Member

great looking fish everyone, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing....

12. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

[​IMG][​IMG]

Great job Matt,Looks like this week is off to a great start.Really nice work to all,This one is from Bev's Fishcreations ST3.

13. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

A 31 inch steelhead customer skin mount.

Attached Files:

14. den007

den007 Active Member

Nice bass Ken.......Arp repros???? I am "stealing" that dorado pic. I caught a nice one 2 years ago and have yet to paint it. Like the job you did on yours!
    Nothing special here......more smallies and an "Archie" gar.......48 inches.

Attached Files:

15. scanman

scanman New Member

A couple of trout I finished up- an 18" rainbow I called stubby because of his dorsal fin, but the customer got his request. The other is an 18" Palomino.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Here's a fish I finished for a wholesale client. It was a blank I purchased from Angling Artisan (Rich Benedict). It was very nice, and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again. Thanks Rich!

[​IMG]

17. DanB

DanB New Member

Rick Krane, I liked what you said... "A warm welcome from sunny Florida" It is warm. Wish I could have made the Florida convention this year and get a chance to say hi. Sounds like the convention is right up the road from me.

Ken & Cole nice LM Bass!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Nice stuff guys. :eek:

19. JE

JE Well-Known Member

20. den007

den007 Active Member

Cole......nice fish. Love the relaxed look of the casting, and the subtle paint. Blackstone, awfully nice stuff. You really nail those vermiculations. the flank of that walleye and its tail markings are right on...........ditto for the crappie. So hard to do without making them look patterned.