1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cotton Tail Rabbit by PSYCHO!

Discussion in 'Mammal Reference Photos' started by psycho, Feb 4, 2011.

1. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

OK got a new camera and wanted to try and snap some pics of something. Not real good but good enough for some things. I was 30 to 50 feet away from them and then they started running... LOL The one sitting in the brush, well I just took it to show how the little turds try to hide. Can't wait to get a chance to put the camera to good use. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can check out more of them at the link below. I went through and moved some pics.

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/originalpsycho/Reference%20Pictures/Rabbits/

2. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

Re: Cotton Tail Rabbit

Nice ;D

You know that bunny in the brush is thinking "If I hide behind these twigs....I'M INVISABUNNY"

My dog is sad because I can never find any of those devil little cottontails ::)

3. psycho

;D My yard is full of them and squirrels.... ;D

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

...and candy wrappers. LOL

5. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

great photos. how far did you say you were away. i think i must have read it wrong. If i didn't your going to get some awesome ref pictures.

6. psycho

I was 30 to 50 feet away from them. I couldn't get any closer than that. The camera went into the digital zoom for the head shot but other than that I had it maxed out to it's 25 optical zoom. I can't wait to see what kind of close ups I can get on eyes from lizards, fish and snakes. While testing a display unit out I was able to get within about 1 CM of an item with the lens and still able to focus it.

Cole, you dummy, that was the Easter Bunny.... Thats why he had a candy wrapper.... LOL :D

7. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

Have dog, will travel :D

I had a bunny get out in the backroom. Called her off it and heard nothing but whining the rest of the day ::)

8. psycho

More Cotton Tail Rabbit pics/ night time

Just looked out the window and saw 2 more rabbits outside. The other one I could only see his shadow in the snow from the street light. I forgot to use the red eye setting but I just ran out and took these at 2307. LOL

and when I tried to get close to them on the crunchy ice covered snow, they ran AGAIN.... LOL

9. psycho

even more Cotton Tail Rabbit

Little sh i ts are eating my decorative bushes out in the yard. LOL

10. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Man I love what that camera is doing for you. What camera is it and what lens is on it.

11. psycho

Thanks. It's just a point and shoot camera. It's a Nikon Coolpix P100. It also shoots 30 minute 1080P HD videos. The more I use it the better I will get with it I'm sure, or at least hope... LOL ;D

12. psycho

Sorry but I got more! 18 new ones! Cotton Tail Rabbit

I took these from the passenger seat of my buddies truck. We tried to pull up from the road and get closer to them hoping they wouldn't run...

13. psycho

OK did some cleaning up and organizing. I just made a new file called Reference pics. Figured I'll be taking more so I'll just stick them all in one file. I'll get some put back on and then just post a link. Dan

14. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

you can never have too much reference pictures. I actually had to buy an external hard drive to hold all the ones i have.

15. When you get it all done and start mounting them dang things,
    you can do mine too, Im not good enough to skin one.
    PIcs look great.

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm not brave enough to try.

17. psycho

I've skinned them but never have mounted them as lifesizes... I have mounted just heads b4...... LOL

18. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I have done them. They are a bugger to do right. It took me a couple before i felt i did ok on them. You just have to be careful. They are not as bad as a grouse.