1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

cold hands?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by bowkill, Feb 4, 2011.

1. bowkill

bowkill New Member

My dad gave me a sample of dura-flock gloves to try out in the shop. Let me tell you these were amazing. They are non-latex and only a few millimeters thicker than your normal gloves but they are flocked with a fleece lining and wow does it make a difference when working with a partially frozen carcases.

He has a neighbor that works outside as a mechanic and runs a sawmill that is receiving chemo for cancer treatment and one of the side effects is your hands get cold really easy and hurt when they do. He said these were a Godsent for him as he was going to have to quit working in the winter as his hands just couldn't handle it anymore. But they are thin enough and warm enough for him to continue working on cars and keep his hands warm.

I just tried them out for the first time myself, my shop is unheated and I just skinned a partially frozen Pheasant in near freezing weather and my hands stayed warmer than my feet did. If you have any troubles with your hands or you just like being comfortable you need to try these, I know you can get them at Norco welding supply but I imagine any industrial store will carry them. they are called Dura-flock and I have the company that distributes them address if you would like it just let me know thought these might help somebody out there.

2. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Are these it?
    Ralph
    http://www.duraflockrocks.com/

3. Looks like they would be easy to get on and off with the lining also.....I like the looks of them.

Bowkill did it take you much time get used to the additional thickness and are they a snug fit?

4. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Marking this one. My hands are always freezing when skinning turkeys. I try to do them partly frozen.

5. bowkill

bowkill New Member

Ya you can get them in 4 sizes so you can make them a sug fit and they do go off and on really easy.

6. Thanks Bowkill

7. bowkill

bowkill New Member

Sorry Ralph didnt see your post ya those are them

8. SteveP

SteveP New Member

On Ralph's link they have a place to request a sample pack.