1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

sold!!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Patrick J, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

I have one more mountain lion available.

2. texascritter

texascritter Cell 972-904-9516

Re: 115 pound Montana female mountain lion

Awesome lion Patrick...... wish I had the dollars......

3. texascritter

texascritter Cell 972-904-9516

Never set a trap, rancher not willing to pay bountie for me catching it...... I'll let it eat his deer and ewes for a while and he will change his mind.

4. Re: 115 pound Montana female mountain lion

nice cat Patrick. I was on one with the dogs the other day and half way through the chase a game warden stopped me and told me the quota for the area I was hunting had just been filled.
    That really sucked because that cat is running about 8 miles of river bottom that I trap bobcat in. You know what happens when a lion moves in,every bobcat within miles leaves the country. Oh well,I don't like fall lion hunting but I need to get him out of my trap line.
    Nice cat Pat.

5. Re: 115 pound Montana female mountain lion

Wish I could afford it right now. Cased skinned is exactly how I would want it.

6. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Here is a close up of the face and the .22 hole with the skull still in it.

Attached Files:

• lion.jpg
      lion.jpg
      File size:
      8.3 KB
      Views:
  7. candes06

candes06 Hunter, teacher, American.

Wish I had the money.

8. McMahon22

McMahon22 Member

Nice lion.

9. wyandot42

wyandot42 New Member

This is a nonpayed and unsolicited endorsement of Patrick's Montana cats. I recently received a similar sized female from Patrick that has the thickest, uniform coat you can imagine, in sharp contrast to some (not all mind you) of the desert cats which have coats that can, on occasion, seem tattered and much thinner by comparison. These cats are highly recommended.

10. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have not purchased from Patrick but from what I have read, his skins are premium quality. If you are a taxidermist wanting a super quality specimen to make an outstanding mount, well, you would understand why the title "taxidermy" or "lifesize" is worth more than a "regular critter". Would I like to get this critter for $250.00, you better believe it! But I wouldn't insult a person with an offer this low. When a seller says they want $600.00 for something, that's what they want. If it sells...great, if not, then they can keep it or reduce the price later when they see it does not move. When I view an item for sale, I also view the price. If I want it bad enough, I will pay it, if not I move onto the next post of interest.

11. rmr

rmr New Member

supply and demand. this is not a bobcat from Tn. this is a northern latitude lion from and area with a comparatively low quota and everybody who gets one knows the value of them. they dont trade them in for a pair of gloves. i never sell lions for 600 tanned. Not even if they are from west texas.

12. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Don't feel too bad Patrick, I had someone try to give my 250 for a Lifesize black wolf tanned.. I deleted that one.. Let tee pee tommy go crawl back under his rock..

13. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

Patric J: love the banner on your site, that should be an icon people can click on. alot of people here need to see one like that.
    teepeetommy: seems if you want furs for fur prices. their tons of fur auctions in your area. thats where you should be. but keep in mind trappers have been selling at a lose for so many years, I can't remember the last time a trapper actually made money at the end of the year. the only furs I sell at auctions or send to Canada are ones I have not been able to move other wise. I see your offers, like most so far have. insulting to the seller. and way out of line. good job Patric J. wish I had big cats here.

14. Re: 115 pound Montana female mountain lion

I bet you can't have it done by noon today:)

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'll take a few of those $250 lions please...

16. gobble 4 me

gobble 4 me New Member

pm sent

17. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Fur market prices mean nothing here. Any fur or item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If I were to want a cat bad enough and had the cash I would certainly pay Patricks asking price. It is a beautiful cat.

18. fawntwin

fawntwin New Member

Hello,

Curious if you still have the bones. Thank you,

Lara M.

19. batshouse

batshouse Member

I havn't been on for some time but see you guys are still temper-mental A$$holes......and I love it. It wouldn't be the taxidermy net without it LMAO

20. Re: 115 pound Montana female mountain lion

I personally think your giving that cat away Patrick.I've been on lion hunts guys,If you think it's an easy hunt your wrong.I been on Big horn sheep and Rocky mountain goat hunts that seem like a walk in the park compared to a quality lion hunt.
    And to top it off,in the country that Patrick hunts, he has to contend with wolves hearing his dogs baying and comming in and killing them.
    Is the price of $600.00 a fair price?Hell no!He's taken a beating.
    I averaged $660.00 each on my bobcats this year through NAFA and to see a lion go for $600.00 I personally think is nuts.But thats Patrick's business not mine.
    If I were in the market for a lion,I'd jump on that.