1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (starting Feb 6, 2011)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by zubba, Feb 6, 2011.

1. zubba

zubba Active Member

Welcome to Game Head of the Week. Nice work last week!!

Everyone from beginners to the pros can share what they've been working on. You can post any game head it doesn't have to be a deer. No critiques please. This is a place you can post with out fear. If your not sure how to post a picture, feel free to email it to me (krojemann@hotmail.com) and I can post it for you. Keep up the good work!

2. This buck was riddled with ticks. Hardly any hair on the back and edges of the ears and was scabbed up pretty bad all over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Here's little buck with a beatiful cape.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. That is a beautiful looking cape and mount Ron C.
    DS nice job on a cape that had that kind of damage.

5. huntnfish

huntnfish Member

Nice mounts.....love those double capes with double throat patches

6. dljhunt

dljhunt New Member

Great job guys. Ron C. , what form is that?

7. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Pretty Ron! I can't play until I get my photo shop back!

8. huntersdream

huntersdream New Member

[​IMG] very Nice work Ron C and Dsbragg!!! here is mine for the week, Huntersdream

9. Wild Images

Wild Images New Member

Meder full sneak
    [​IMG]

10. Finally sent this one out the door.

Attached Files:

11. Lookin nice fellow Artists :)

12. Jake of cousins outdoors

Jake of cousins outdoors Shoot like you're hungry!

First off, Kurt thank you for takeing the time week after week to keep this thread going, Second thanks to everyone that post there work, there is alot of you guys and gals that are extremely talented artist and when you post your work I really enjoy looking at it and after looking at some of the work on here it really inspires me to try hard and do better work and not just settle as long as the customer is happy, I want to produce mounts that make me happy also, and I am not to the level that I would like to be, so Thank you for your post and all the info you all share. Now I will post one I finished up this morning. A youngster took this deer in the youth season.

Attached Files:

13. Jake of cousins outdoors

Jake of cousins outdoors Shoot like you're hungry!

a couple more.

Attached Files:

14. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Pretty deer Ron. Great mount. Gotta love the young bucks as far as a pretty mount goes.

Here is a unique one with a great cape as well. Couple scars but nothing major. Official 189 5/8" non-typ with dried velvet on it. Doesn't look that big cuz its only 14.5 inches wide but the brows are 11 and 9.5 inches and lots of tine and beam length. Shot September 26th and had a 23.5" neck and still had a few summer hairs hangin on him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Here's a couple mounts we finished up. The double patch is the new 24" manikin from Ohio Taxidermy Supply. Any critiques would be appreciated. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. bwilke

bwilke Member

Looking good this week!

17. Here's mine for the week. Customer brought in only the antlers. I had an extra cape, turned out real nice. Customer was happy with the result.[​IMG][​IMG]

18. psehunter

psehunter New Member

nice work everyone. here is one goin home tonight. it was my first time using earliners and my first offset shoulder. kinda gave me some fits at times but got it done.

Attached Files:

19. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Neil

Neil New Member

PA
    Nice work, all! I enjoy browsing this thread every week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]