1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing Cone

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skinner26, Feb 7, 2011.

1. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

Had a buddy make this today at a machine shop. It is made out of industrial plastic. I can do any thing from a coon to a elk with it. And it cleans up easy and is harder the wood so it won't get nicks like wood.

13 3/4" long. 1/2" at small end.
    2 1/4" at large end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

There is nothing wrong with nicks in wood,,, you make is sound so terrible.

3. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

No mr.T I am not putting down wood at all. I have used a T-Ball bat for years now.

4. swills

swills New Member

I use an old cow horn. Works for me.

5. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

i use a leg from a 1960's coffee table it is tapered very nicely. i can see the advantage in something harder but my experience is that plastic, industrial or otherwise will eventually nick. maybe stainless steel. .... lol

kirby

6. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

I have an old lamp that has a stainless steel sleeve that tapers and would work great. I have been picking on the wife about tearing it apart. Guess I won't now teal she gets new one next mouth. Lol

7. rickey logan

rickey logan Active Member

I use a lightbulb that looks like a trardrop then if the razor hits the glass it dont dig in or catch on the glass, that way you can flesh faster as you get to the edges because it won't dig in.......works well

8. I recently took stained glass class and discovered that they use a "fid" to smooth out copper and lead tape. The fid comes in various sizes but the smaller one works great on small critter eyes and noses.

[​IMG]

9. Keith3

Keith3 New Member

What wattage light bulb works best? LOL!

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I think the dimmer the better.

11. dhart

dhart Active Member

Looks like my dad's old Billy club, he used it for thumping tame rabbits.