1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Homemade Expressions Scam Update (The latest details from Sheriff's Dept 2/23)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Doug Bridges, Feb 8, 2011.

1. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio
    Re: Homemade Expressions Scam Update

Got a check today as well. We'll see if it clears before I say anything else..

2. Re: Homemade Expressions Scam Update

I didn't get anything yet....they owe me $350

3. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio

Maybe next week Vince? I was actually VERY SUPRISED to see a check in the mail today.. It appears there 'trying' to correct things...

4. Bangle

Bangle New Member

Ashley Romain is part of Homemade expressions?

I am friends with her on facebook and she plays farmville and has been active on farmville. Weird. :/ They seemed pretty legit on FB. I hope all you guys get this stuff sorted out. This kind of thing really agitates me, and makes it hard to pick who to trust! Good luck!

5. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

What sucks is their barnwood turkey plaques were great and I sold the ones I bought (when they first offered them) as fast as people saw them in the showroom. Someone needs to copy thay look and get them going before season. I would have ordered a ton of new ones BUT have been keeping up with the "Bad Dealings"..... :-\

6. Re: Homemade Expressions Scam Update

I love how some on their high horse are quick to blame the "cops" and call them lazy. For those that are unaware the Tus Co. Prosecutors office has the say so not Tus. Co. SD or any other local jurisdiction. If its a crime committed outside the presence of law enforcement the Pros. office decides who and what they will charge. Any given day my post fields a handful of internet scam complaints through craigs list, ebay etc. We receive very little cooperation from credit card companies or banks. Any info we need has to come via subpoena (through the Pros office), see where this is going...Are these two scammers criminals, absolutely but its not what you know and its what you can prove (and specific laws have elements that require such). I guess my only point is I get tired of generalizing cops as lazy. Gets really old....

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Doug, I'm not sure I understand how you really feel..... LOL ;D Good Luck to all you guys...

8. AOW

AOW New Member

9. Re: Homemade Expressions Scam Update

MItroop,, I hope I didn't offend? I completely understand the position of the detective and the Prosecutor. It's strictly a civil issue and, at least I have followed through in a civil manner.

Dan, I feel fine about it now. It's done and they can kiss my buttocks.

AOW, Mr. T is a lover not a fighter. Besides, he's too crippled up to cause anyone pain. lol

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

No thanks, I know someone that could do his own plaques if he would just buy a new bandsaw blade. :p ;D

11. Re: Homemade Expressions Scam Update

Doug, I wasn't referring to what you said. I think you handled things the best way they could have possibly been handled. I've been burned several times though this site and I feel your pain.

12. AH7

AH7 New Member

MItroop sorry some of us get frustrated with cops. The only interaction I ever have with police is when they pull me over! And then we hear about actual criminals (like these scammers) and it seems to me like the cops should be spending their time sorting them out and less time sitting behind the bushes on the side of the road. Who's being a worse citizen, those of us who get caught going 11 over down a steep hill on an empty road or those of us who steal hundreds of dollars from hard working taxidermists. I know many cops are good people, but too often it seems like they are working against the people who pay their salaries and for their fancy cars.

13. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

This is turning dumb, someone speeding can kill someone and someone stealing from us via taxi net, well not likely anyone is going to die from it, but it's still breaking the law. Stick with what the post is about, SCAMMERS and yes they do have special teams and detectives that work on crap like that just maybe not in the town where these people are at. Doug has handled it the right way, no doubt about it.

Now back to the scammers..... Hope everyone that has been ripped by these people gets their refunds or the stuff owed to them.... I don't know how people like this sleep at night....

14. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I d settle for folks on here that say they are sending a ck, consider the item sold, and then never do, all go fall in an empty well and start starveing to death. I`ll keep telling them I`m sending food, my word is good. then never send any. wastes my time, ties up items I give MY WORD on and hold etc etc. you know the tune. heck, it`s the internet.

15. Re: Homemade Expressions Scam Update

i hope all the scammers get what they have comming and about bobs comment i totally agree with and understand where your comming,ive been up til the past few years dealing direct with folks and payment in hand. but this internet thing brings all walks of life. i have more and more folks say they are sending payment and dont also. seems we should start listing those folks on here also .they can always chime in and defend themself with what happened on there part and then save others from wasting time. i have a few new folks just lately that have wanted several items and nothing then reask again next week for something else and nothing, im starting a list of them and have decided i wont even bother to answer , then you get those pain in the azz that try to get you to refund some cash but are unwilling to return item, just scamming to get something for free and then shut up when to tell them point blank how things are. those kind of folks are just as bad.

16. General Lee

General Lee Member

I know this has been discussed on other threads but......why not use Paypal? It is instant and you do not have to wait on "snail" mail. Therefore, if someone does not pay you in 'x' number of time, you can re-list as Item Not Sold.

As for the ~4% fee Paypal charges...either eat those charges or add it on your items sale price. No problem.

I am not picking on anyone. If you want to get paid and have a completed deal............use Paypal. :)
    Unless, maybe, it is about avoiding taxes on Capital Gains ???

17. Re: Homemade Expressions Scam Update

In this case General it is best just to use a credit card straight to the seller. Credit cards have a hell of alot more power and you don't have the paypal arbitrators involved. The creditors work for you not paypal nor the seller.

18. General Lee

General Lee Member

I agree with you JBII. Thanks for your advice.

GL

19. Tmbrwlf52

Tmbrwlf52 Member

They must be related to AJ WOODWORKING guy.
    He never did make good on his promise to pay back either after his last post and promise back in Oct. , another POS.

20. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio

THE CHECK F$$KING BOUNCED!!!! AND COST ME ANOTHER $10 FROM MY BANK.... Guess the 'Obama plan'(made to protect us of coarse), has caused banks to institute fee's on the deposited end, as well as, the payer's end when a check bounce's..

Figured it was to good to be true.. Done with these F**k-heads... Bigger POS now, than they were 3 months ago.. Definately taking a trip to MI this summer... Sick of this Shyt..

ASHLEY AND TURD: WHEN YOU READ THIS, I'LL BE SEEING YOU SOON..... DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME ANYMORE GARBAGE CHECKS.. TOTAL OWED IS UPTO $60 NOW.. ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOW AND 3 MONTHS AGO IS: I FULLY INTEND ON GETTING MY MONEY BACK NOW...