1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ruffed Grouses Eyes

Discussion in 'Bird Reference Photos' started by waterfowl-artist, Feb 10, 2011.

1. waterfowl-artist

waterfowl-artist New Member

I am looking for a good close up pictures of a Ruffed Grouses eye ! Does any one have any pictures or could point me in the right direction to get a few ? I have Googled and looked everywhere, with no real good pitures ! Thanks for your help !

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I bought a set of ref pictures from glen browning. They are priceless. 604-538-6655

3. waterfowl-artist

waterfowl-artist New Member

I am trying to get a good close up of the eyerings !!!! Ron Anderson has been giving me some pointers, but I am lost without a good close up picture ! This bird is for a competeition, so it has to be right ! I mount alot of Grouse for customers, but never put an eyering one one. I make my Woody eyerings out of red Epoxie Sculpt and have pretty good luck on them (I have Wood ducks in my Aviary, so reference is no problem with them )
    Thanks for the help, and does Glen Brownings reference book have any close ups of the eyes??????

4. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Yes and the best i have ever seen. He might even e-mail the one your looking for.