1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEW! Frankenstein...Our Monster Models

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Rick Carter, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Nickie and I have built more monster models since our last post in early 2010. We only have 3 more to do to complete our collection. We have created a website so you can see them.

http://www.ourmonstermodels.com

[​IMG]

2. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Re: Our Monster Models

That is some pretty incredible artwork Rick!! Very nice.

3. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I agree..I really liked all the detail and the colors of "The Witch", but they were all very nice.

4. Re: Our Monster Models

Cool stuff!

5. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Love the creature from the Black Lagoon. When I was a kid my dad and one his friends built robotic monsters. We had Dracula in a coffin and he would open the door and raise up and turn his head. Frankenstein would raise his arms and chains and shake his head back and forth, the mummy would unfold his arms. It was pretty cool as a kid around that stuff and it was always the neatest house around but the kids were always scared thats for sure. I think the last one to go was Dracula. That one was sold last. Very cool stuff Rick and Nikkie.. Very Cool.... 8)

6. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

Oh man thats so awesome. I love classic old monsters, and those are just amazing. Jealous! :D

7. Re: Our Monster Models

That's just not right that you two have that much talent......Very nice

8. MikeC

MikeC Proud Conservative

KId growing up never missed a showing of it on Creature Feature. My favorite by far but they all look great!

9. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Man, I had most of those as a kid!!!!! I loved the guillotine.

10. inkyspal

inkyspal Member

GA

The guillotine is one of my favorites, too. It actually works...when you release the blade it chops the little guy's head off and it falls into the basket.

(If you look closely in the background of the guillotine photo, I'm standing behind it. We used a photo that was taken when Rick and I visited the Louvre in Paris. In 1793 they actually cut off Marie Antoinette's head in a courtyard not far from where we took that photo. It is rumored that her head is one of the skulls inside the catacombs.)

11. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That stuff is awesome. Nice work!

12. Rick Carter

Look at Nickie's Bride of Frankenstein makeup. The picture is in a sidebar under "Monster Links".

13. paul e

paul e New Member

fantastic stuff
    great detail!

14. Re: Our Monster Models

My cousin has some of those he'd like to sell. They're already built but are nice. My Uncle Stanley built them for him back in the '60's. PM me if there's any interest.........John

15. Rick Carter

Frankenstein was the first Aurora model that started the craze.

16. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Outstanding work, Rick and Nickie! I wish I still had my Aurora monsters. I had almost all of the original ones, but they are long gone. I remember that you could buy them from K-mart for less than a dollar each. Here is a photo I made of the Wolfman back in 1964, attempting dramatic lighting and special effects using a cheap box camera. I remember holding a magnifying glass in front of the camera lens to be able to focus on the model.

Attached Files:

17. Rick Carter

I like the "Edwards Studios" ID at the bottom of the photo. Aurora would have stolen that image!

18. Beautiful work you two,in all the work you do !!!!

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I had the mummy and also the forgotten prisoner. I also had batman and capt america, splashing through a puddle as I recall. I bet I painted those things a hundred times. Lol. Oh yeah, and Godzilla was so popular, I recall having two at one time so we could paint them different ways, and Im thinking I owned it a few more times too. Lol, so fun for a kid, eh? And us big kids too.