1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

3rd deer......please critique ...........(pictures added)!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by BigER, Feb 10, 2011.

1. BigER

BigER New Member

Re: 3rd deer......please critique

Thanks sportsman, yeah its actually snowed more times here this year than any year I've lived here. And you left here to move somewhere even colder! Cant imagine how much snow you've had, most of my family still lives in Mass and RI and they've been getting slammed.

2. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

Not to bad this year compared to last year anyway, but i am really itching to get back down that way and do some offshore fishing might even put in at lawsons creek and fish a bass tournament.

3. BigER

BigER New Member

Yeah its finally warming up and I'm ready for some fresh flounder!!!!

4. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

well whenever you decide to fish east more around emerald isle and swansboro or even decide to flounder gig ill tell you how to get to my hotspots. caught an eight pound flounder on hook and line and gigged one thirteen pounds less than half a mile from each other.

5. Re: 3rd deer......please critique

I wish my third deer had looked that good....

6. BigER

BigER New Member

That sounds good sportsman....and thanks eddieb that means a lot.....tells me I just might be on the right track!
    :D

7. D.W.M.

D.W.M. New Member

BigER,
    Look at picture # 5 one nostril is tucked more than the other the making the nose pad a little off. Unless its the angle of the pic. Nice looking for a third mount.

8. BigER

BigER New Member

[​IMG]
    yeah I said in the original post I fixed it for the most part. Its still bugging me,and i see where its over tucked on the deer's left side, i didnt notice that and shaved some of the nostril wing on his right side to look tucked better and the next day saw where it was totally crooked....my bad!!! But now I need to get it dry for finish work for the big Buck contest at my job. I've got one more to mount and finish for it hopefully. Oh and this pic is after I reworked and moved the ears down and forward. I will post a few more but I have to do it one at a time because I'm on my phone.

9. BigER

BigER New Member

[​IMG]

10. BigER

BigER New Member

[​IMG]

11. BigER

BigER New Member

Re: 3rd deer......please critique pics added

[​IMG]

12. BigER

BigER New Member

I added some pics

13. BigER

BigER New Member

The nose is totally bugging me!!!!! I think I'm going to try and rehydrate the muzzle area and redo the lips and nose. What do you think?