1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Synthetic Euros?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by south360, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Has anyone used any of the synthetic euros that you attach the antlers or antler plate to? I have a client that just has the antler plate and wants to turn it into a euro. I looked at some of the kits in the catalogues but without actually holding it I can't tell if they are worth the effort as they all Look like plastic in the catalogue. I realize that most are made of plastic but I sure don't want it to look like it. Any help will be appreciated.

2. eurosbyRT

eurosbyRT Skull Designs

Find a skull, clean it up like normal, put his antlers on it just like doing a velvet buck.

3. chamonix

chamonix Member

Pinchback repro's have a great reputation and look good. I like the weathered look they sell.

I put some sheds on a Mtn Mike replica last year to test them out. Looks fine from accross the room... when they arent next to real skulls...but are obvious cheap plastic up close. Wouldnt use them for a customer.

There are a couple others out there, one was a full skull and was awesome looking but cost a lot. Dont remember where i saw it.

4. QBD

QBD Active Member

I used a Mountain Mikes skull to do one for a customer. Not really my cup of tea but the customer had screwed up his skull and that how he wanted it done. He was happy with it, I got paid so all is well that ends well.

But if it was mine, I would do as Skull Designs suggested.

5. The popularity of European mounts is here to stay, knowing how to use a synthetic skull can and should
    make you a profit. At Pinchback Reproductions, we have 4 different sizes and 2 different styles.
    Skull with pedicals and skull that you use the customer's skull cap.
    They can be purchased directly from us or through one of our many distributors.
    Currently the price is $34.99 for the whitetail deer skull.
    The weathered look is an application that you apply once you have attached the antlers to the synthetic skull.
    Here is a picture showing all 4 sizes and both styles.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of a rack a customer of mine did and finished with the weathered look.
    [​IMG]
    If you have any question feel free to contact me, I tell most of my secrets and tips.
    I want you to do a good job when using one of my products, something that you can be proud of.

Thanks,

Marshell