1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Skull Still Life WIP

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by UnzippedZebra, Feb 13, 2011.

1. I've been working on this off and on the past few weeks for my Painting 2 class. We had to do an out of class assignment, so of course I chose to include two of my favorite painting subjects: skulls and metallic things :D

[​IMG]

It still has a lot of work to go.. I need to stop focusing so much on the skull and start adjusting and fixing the other things, like that vase, augh.

Here's a .gif of the process I've taken.. Not quite up to date. http://hyourin.deviantart.com/#/d38lpfi

2. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

nice work

3. Harum

Harum Active Member

Good start.
    When drawing or painting a cylindrical subject such as a vase. Keep in mind the horizon line. In this case the center point of the vase (visually from top to bottom). Now visualize the rings that make up this cylinder. At the center point or horizon line the ring will line up and would be depicted as a straight line. All rings above and below this line will go from a shallow loop to a larger loop the further the cylinder reaches from the center or horizon line. If you find this hard to follow try holding a glass at arms length, close one eye and move the glass up or down to the point that the rim is flat across your field of view. Once you find that point move the glass up and down and you will see how the ring of the rim will become more or less open as you do this.
    Hopefully this made some sense. If I could draw it out for you I'm sure you would see what I'm saying.
    I like what you have going here. The skull is cool and interesting shot of your foot.. :)

-Pete