1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (starting Feb 13th, 2011)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by zubba, Feb 13, 2011.

1. MAC1

MAC1 Member

That's a good one. What pose is it?

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very, very, very short hair I finished this evening for a Houston client. That is the deers bottom jaw strapped to the antlers, client has to give those to the ranch if he wants to return to the lease next season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Sweet Mount Mike..DP or Tan....Nice

4. michael p.

A compliment from you Doug means alot, seriously, I love & respect the heck out of your work!! This one is DP & stop Rot.

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Yes Michael, That is a sweet looking deer. I've got to get me one of those beautiful Texas capes. So pretty.

6. Latty

Latty Nate's Taxidermy (mid-west Ohio)

McKenzie 6500 Series

7. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That is a beautiful mount Michael P!

8. litefeather

litefeather New Member

Boys first bow buck. Had a big scar down the left side of the neck. Browtines were broke so I rebuilt those.

[​IMG]

9. HFolm

HFolm New Member

Astounding... Clean, smooth, and very, very appealing deer!! You have a tremendous talent.

10. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Mike,,,,,, Hope to see you soon at some show,or when I come Thur Texas. Really Nice Mount.

11. Appreciate the compliments.

12. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

That short hair is Beautiful great work Michael P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. michael p.

Thanks everybody!! This will be my last post in GHOTW cause I gots tons of work to get ready by Sunday!! I leave on a 15 day trip (working vacation I call it :) LOL) Wednesday to the North East part of the country. The first pic is one I just finished, the second pic is what we have ready for pick up in the showroom and the last pic is EVERYTHING we HAVE to get ready thru Sunday including cats and euro's so I have a chance to get some of them picked up before I close down :) Thanks for letting me share, it's everybody elses work that makes us strive to do better. I just love this industy and the work it produces!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. That is a nice looking mount and the repairs to the antlers brow tines look great I am sure he will be very happy with it.

15. zubba

zubba Active Member

I'm posting these for Joe G He writes....

The very unique buck with its main beams pointing straight down had a broad head in its neck bone from the previous bow season so it could not lift its head. The guy who harvested the buck had several trail pics of this buck walking around all year with his head down. The big kansas buck was a 170 class early season buck.

Thanks for sharing Joe!

Attached Files:

16. Beautiful mounts everyone...and Michael P your commercial work is outstanding!

17. quest

quest Member

Utah
    [​IMG]

18. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Heres the back side. I haven't finish painting as of yet. Kevan.
    [​IMG]

19. D.C.O

D.C.O Dreamcatcher Outfitters & Taxidermy

quest,,Very nice clean mule deer

20. kjdouble

kjdouble Member

Ohio whitetail
    KJ

Attached Files: