1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How I made an average sized deer cape into an oversized cape.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by wildthang65, Feb 14, 2011.

1. bubba z

bubba z New Member

Let me guess your taxidermists nickname is wild thang

2. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

wolfe i almost fell out of my chair when i saw that

3. Wolfe

Wolfe Member

I've been giggling all day myself...

4. northernmontana

northernmontana Active Member

I have about fifty 18" capes I'm going to send you. Please return me fifty 27" capes please.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That's EXACTLY what it looks like if you want the face to fit! Great job!

6. wildthang65

wildthang65 New Member

Deer isn't mounted yet, but I will post pics once it is mounted for everyone to see.

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Yeah, can't wait.

8. wildthang65

wildthang65 New Member

So how do u explain a deer gaining approximately 30+ lbs from it's summer weight to the peak of the rut, while increasing it's neck size? When it goes from a pencil neck deer to a neck so big that the deer has rolls on it's ears? I'm not saying this is the extreme to go to on every case, but if a guy wants to gain a few extra inches on a cape, it's possible with good results. I am skeptical on how it will fit the form, but I will post pics after it is mounted. I live in Missouri, not far from where the World Show will be. I would be willing to show you guys how this works. Thanks.
    Anthony

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Key words.....

10. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

It increases ... Yes , But not 9 inches. I wish I could lose 30 lbs and lose 9 inches of wasteline. LMAO

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The one thing that I roll my eyes on when even the cape snake guys point out in their sales schpeel, is that customers are always wanting a bigger neck. In 8 years, not once has a customer of mine asked to blow up the cape 10 inches.

12. michael p.

Whether it be sex or Taxidermy, if you tell somebody you got 9" to play with.....you better damn well have it or there will be a lot of laughter and disapointment to deal with come show time.

13. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Well dang near everyone on this thread will be at the World Show, we will measure the cape before you begin your show......

14. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but the most I even try to gain on a swell is 1 inch. I think excessive swell in the neck detracts from the grace of the animal and just makes it look like it has the mumps. I know that customers have their different demands and all. I guess there is some pressure to produce. To each his own I suppose. The only merit this would have is to take a cheap smaller cape and turn it into a large cape to fit a huge rack. If that works, I am intrigued. About the same as turning a lump of coal into a diamond. Can it really be done???

15. Big Brown 243

Big Brown 243 New Member

What he faled to mention was that the first number on his tape mesure is 10. I figured it out do i get a prize?

16. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Guys, keep things professional in the deer section, have all your fun in current events. Thanks.

17. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I forgot which section we were in. Point taken.

18. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Where's the best place to buy a lawn mower tube. I looked around today and Home Depot wanted $29 for one.

19. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

BOO BOO..... LOL :p Best behavior as always..... ;D

20. michael p.

Gawd I wish Rick was moderating, atleast he lets us have fun!