1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Illinois show Who's Going!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by TheBigGuy1976, Feb 17, 2011.

1. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

Just wondering who is going to the Illinois show this year? Take care and be safe

2. erik1

erik1 New Member

I will be there for sure! I am working on my pieces like crazy!! Nothing like waiting till the last minute. Still a few days left to get registrations in and the hotel has plenty of rooms still.

Seminars will be:
    Friday- HOAL ITA members will be working on fish reproduction prep work and painting
    Saturday AM Frank Kotula will be painting a repo large mouth bass
    Saturday PM Keith Bowman will be mounting a white tail on his new deet form
    Sunday AM Mike Pendzimus willl be casting bird feet
    Sunday PM Macrcus Detring will be working on mammal feet and other body parts

3. I'm There!!! and only 15 minutes from home this year

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Don't look like I'll be competing this year, but will probably show up anyway.

I'll save the ITA a White Ribbon and I think I'm suppose to hang out with a fricking bird guy from Mn. who talks funny. ::) ::)

5. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I wish I was going, Illinoise always put on a great show !!!! Lots of talent there and good friendly people !!

6. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Planning on attending. figuring out what pieces to compete with.

7. pberry

pberry Member

yall will have a great deer judge, however he ain't easy !!!

8. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Since I won't be able to attend this yr can someone send me a pic of the mount that wins the People's Choice Youth award?

9. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL
    I'll be there..still trying to put the finishing touches on my mounts... boy the paint really makes the mistakes I did not notice stick out !!!!

10. bw

bw New Member

You're way ahead of schedule!!!!

11. erik1

erik1 New Member

I wish I was that close to done!!! :eek:

12. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

Me too but a dumb ass mistake by scrathing a eye has set me back had to rehydrate and take the eye out and put new one in what a fu#$$$$ mess i dont think i will have it done by friday!!!!!!

13. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Aw Harley- sorry you won't make it!! I'll sure miss ya.
    I'm going & hoping to have a thing or 2 put together, but I'm not a terribly serious competitor- still a little green around the edges. I'll get your pic of people's choice youth.
    Timmy- the guy from the upnorth can't talk too funny, eh?
    Have you ever heard me when I'm on the phone with my dad? Steve makes fun of me pretty hard- my accent comes back.
    Can't wait to see you guys- take care & be safe!

14. GC

GC New Member

Unbelievable!! :mad: Cleaning mounts up and trying to figure out how to pack them for the ride to the show and my pedestal mount bird takes a nose dive...beak first off the concrete. My mounts this year were not that good to begin with and now this....maybe someone is trying to tell me something!?!? Still gonna make the trip but I may have one bird less to load up if the repairs look too bad. See ya there....

15. Be sure and stop by the Walnut Creek Hardwood booth and say "Hi" to Josh and Jason! Good luck to everyone on their competition pieces, and have a safe trip!

16. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

We did Nikkie! They remembered my daughter and her mount from last year that got your youth award- she is still so proud of that one!!
    Harley- your award went to the highly talented Grace Baalman. Her yote ped rivaled several mammal competitors in the pro division- SERIOUSLY!! Between her and Frank Williams' daughter, the seasoned pros have their hands full!! So much incredible talent in those little girls its amazing.

17. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL
    Had a great time learned allot my rear end is healing...can't wait till next year... Lets see some pictures I did not take any

18. bw

bw New Member

I bet we might get Erik to post pics of the winners when he gets time.

Otherwise, I didn't take any either!!!!

19. erik1

erik1 New Member

I will get the pics up this weekend. Just my luck to get done with the show and have to go back to work. On top of that we are working 12s. Way to soon for that!!!