1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

SCI pending new world record 10 point whitetail deer

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by marshell-with-an-e, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Mike Land shot this deer in 2010.
    SCI offically socred the deer at 196 5/8.
    It should be the new world record 10 point, pending other entries.
    Now I need to find a cape....

2. rbear

rbear Active Member

Cool rack. May I ask how does a person bring you a rack like that without a cape?

3. I make replica, this is a replica of the rack.
  4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Active Member

I guess I dont get their scoring system, but what the heck. Thats a really nice repro Marshell !!!
  5. rbear

rbear Active Member

Good job. From the pics I could not tell.
  6. Terry Vining

Terry Vining last photo together

Nice Job. I just molded the new SCI non-typ. It scored 444.
  7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Bill, Since this isn't the for sale category, can we challenge the posters score to this rack?
  8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Those G-3's are cool as hell.
  9. dipper

dipper New Member

I used to be in love with tine length, but mass is trumping that.
  10. gab

gab Active Member

SCI uses the same as B&C,but with no deductions for an asymmetrical rack.for that deer to be scored as a typical,they just don't count the 2 non typ points.
  11. James Marsico

James Marsico Active Member

SCI is a ego only book. An outfitter or PH can score an animal he guided before he even field dress's it and that becomes the official entry. Thats why guides will always quote SCI score, and then some. It bites back esp. on African alot because the hunter will want the taxidermist to rescore his Kudu etc. and comes up with a lot lower score and then "thats not the one I shot" talk comes a flying.
  12. gab

gab Active Member

a top ten must be master scored,and all entries must have pics accompaying them.a committee compares pics to verify score and species,but i don't know if its just the top animals the committee looks at or all entries.
    I like SCI and am a life member,but that being said,I have had the exact scenario james mentioned with African,especially kudus.it also seems alot of bear outfitters like to tell their clients they shot a record bear,the client get's all pumped up,and then the score misses by a mile.
  13. James Marsico

James Marsico Active Member

I am also a SCI member and have been for many years. Elk are always SCI scored high by outfitters also. I mount a lot of elk for non resident hunters that went with guides and every year I get the "the guide scored it at 390 SCI." Please send me a score sheet from you. Another nice 345 bull at best. It makes it hard.