1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tight at mid neck...best place to shave?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by babowhunter, Feb 20, 2011.

1. babowhunter

babowhunter Man,I love this stuff!!

Mounting wt that when doing test fit was a little tight at mid neck or swell.Took and thinned down the cape best i could but is still a little to tight.Is it best to shave at the back of the neck or all the way around .Don't want to jeopardize the muscle contours on the front of the neck.

2. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

lol , I thought you were talking about shaving the cape, deleted what I said ;D, I usually take it off the back of the neck if it's just a little but if it's quite a bit you'll have to alter it. I think there is a tutorial on altering a form in the tutorial section.

3. he prolly means shaving the form idk tho..

4. babowhunter

babowhunter Man,I love this stuff!!

Sorry, I meant contours on the manikin.Didn't catch it until i reread my message.

5. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

If it is not a great lot tight, it will streach better when you get hide paste on the form.

6. darton

darton Member

Would one of those cape stretching tools work in this case ? Has anyone ever tried one and how many extra inches can you get by using one of these things ?

7. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

I hear ya can make a 20" cape into a 29" cape with one of those stretcher thingy's ;D :D

8. tem

tem Well-Known Member

OH NO :eek:. not the stretch thing again ::)