1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WRAPP QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LE ME NO

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by snowhare, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mimes

mimes Member

wow that thing shines like new gold! great job snowy

2. awsome work , wa

beautiful as usual snowhare

3. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Very good idea snowyy,, dont only show off your beautiful work though ;D
    show us some of the wrapped bodies before putting the skin on them,, give us some hints if you dont mind. soften up us rigidermists :D with your soft wrapped bodies.
    Thats an Anteater,, weird looking but , excellent mount,,.love your work man.

by the way,, WA your work is top notch no matter what technique.

cheers

4. heres a weasel i did wrapped

Attached Files:

5. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Simpleyork

Very well that Weasel , looks a live to me , did you also wrapped em legs and tail

Snowy

6. thanks for the compliment
    yes the legs and tail were all wrapped
    used the skull for the head

question on your foxes did you cast the legs or wrap them
    i have a fox i'd like to do but not sure if i should carcass cast it or wrap
    or a little of both

thanks in advance

7. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Hey there

I wrapp just about all, the tail /the body/ the legs , the hind tendens are made of critter clay , and the heads where carved out a foam

cheers

Snow

SO DO WE GO FOR A MAMMAL TOPIC ONLY WRAPPED STUFF ORE WHAT

8. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

I will post some leg work after this weekend if you want me snowy, doing some Bobcats now

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Wayne

You no i am a great fan off your work , so yes please i would like to see them legs, i wrapp em muscle by muscle , and make the tendens from the hind leg after that from clay

Thanks WA

Snow

ps i am working on one off thoose Golden Martens also , threy are a lot off work , no skull no leg bone no nada , but it is looking the way i want it to be slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

10. thanks for the info Snowhare

11. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I shy away from doing mammals because they make me break out in hives, but I love to admire the artwork that goes into mounting them on a wrapped form.
    I would definitely like to see a thread that focuses on mammals done "the old-fashioned way."
    They have a soft, life-like appearance that seems to be hard to capture with a rigid form.

That leopard is aweome, wa, and that flock of foxes just makes me smile, Snowhare. They look like they are plotting something evil.
    That weird golden anteater-type creature is ... weird. But very convincing.

12. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Nice WA.Nice!You really caught the pose on that leopard.One great cat mount.Nice fox too.Glad you posted them.

13. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Excellent work WA, I'm impressed that it is a wrapped body, very nice.

Sam