1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NW School of Taxidermy

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by socalmountainman, Feb 21, 2011.

1. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I am looking for the pamphlet you first received for Free when you mailed your contact info to the school. It was about 20 pages. If anyone has a copy for sale in good condition I would be interested in buying. My daughter has taken a sudden interest and would like to share it with her. I took the course when I was 14 years old and have since found my diploma (dated May 23, 1973) and my membership card (remember this?). I still have all my lesson booklets in the brown plastic binder.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

I still have the deploma also was along long time ago.

3. Silverbrook

Silverbrook New Member

I have the diploma,lesson books and the above pamphlet. I have no idea where I have it stored though. I may have to go on a mission and find those !! phil

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Class of 1971 reporting, LOL!!!

Hope you can find the booklet for your daughter. I'm sure the silverfish have long ago consumed mine!

5. socalmountainman

Silverbrook I wish you luck finding the pamphlet. I've been all over E-Bay and have found a lot of vintage NW School of Taxidermy stuff, some of it dating to the '30's! But, no pamphlet. To all of you that responded so quickly, I thank you. I am knew here but I did have a studio many moons ago but I also had a full-time job and here in Santa Barbara County the taxidermy work was seasonal, not enough to make a living. My daughter has sparked my interest again. That is her in the avatar finishing up her first buck! I wish I had had a mentor for my first deerhead, it looked like a sick doe with horns!

6. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

that brings back memorys of a kid in michigan reading fur fish game magazine when he was 10-12 years old. me.

7. Class of 95 here. LOL!

8. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Class of '75 :) Wish I still had all the stuff besides the diploma!!

9. pudley

pudley New Member

Hi there i have all there stuff ,i to went thru that but yes i have catalogs the book you want ,lessons and lesson binder
    if you want it you can have it just send me your mailing info and i will shoot it out to you Pudley

10. socalmountainman

Pudley that's great! My info is: Joe Martin 1020 Orchid Street, Lompoc, CA 93436. I will gladly pay you for the material or postage if you wish.

11. pudley

pudley New Member

Thats Ok i will try to get it out today yet so you will have it by weekend Good Luck

12. socalmountainman

Thanks Byrdman but Pudley came through with an original. I appreciate it though and don't blame you for wanting to keep it. Hey Kevin, you can still get the lesson booklets from ebay. Believe me there isn't a whole lot of bidding on these. Most sets are from the 50's and 60's for around $25 but I did see a 70's set for $12.95. I paid $12.00 for my whole course back in 1973!

13. socalmountainman

Pudley I got your package today. Boy, you were not kidding! The stuff you sent me was in fantastic condition and I can't tell you enough how greatful I am to you for doing this. Just looking at the documents brings back so many memories of my childhood and how things used to be here in California. I could shoot crows and pigeons in my backyard with my wrist rocket or my Benjamin to practice on. Once I winged a crow and it ran up the driveway squacking awful and as I chased after it to finish it off I realized my front door neighbor was sitting on her porch just nodding her head at me! I ended up selling her my "stuffed" crow for $20! I was also a trapper here until it bacame illegal in 1990. My son was 5 and I used to take him with me but he doesn't remember. My son just landed his first job (got his MS in Entomology) with the Dept. of the Navy in Norfolk, Va. My daughter goes back to Colorado in September to continue her DVM degree at Colorado State University. I plan on making a drive to visit them both in the future, maybe we can get a chance to meet and reminisce.

14. smallfish

smallfish New Member

Silverbrook I wish you luck finding the pamphlet. I've been all over E-Bay and have found a lot of vintage NW School of Taxidermy stuff, some of it dating to the '30's! But, no pamphlet.

15. Class of '74 here!!! Still have the diploma and the lessons somewhere.

16. Dano

Dano New Member

class of 73'. Anybody out there graduates of the Touchtone course?

17. socalmountainman

Dano, I took the Touchstone course in 1978. I especially liked their Bess Maid Preservative, I thought it was better than Calorax but they changed the formulation in the early 80's and it just didn't seem the same anymore. I still have the binder with all the lesson booklets.

18. Laurier

Laurier Active Member

class of 72

19. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

Class of '68 here.

20. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I got mine in '60. Weird thing is......I still remember my number..........107-25C. I don't recall what you are looking for, but I do remember getting "booklets" with the photos of success stories.....right out of the 20's and 30's. NOTHING was ever updated.