1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need some experienced help on Africrap

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by George, Feb 22, 2011.

1. RDA

RDA Active Member

well obviously my reply was not needed,so it was deleted, as i must be all wrong.... ::) its a NO paint technique, but what do i know...I heard if you sit on a horn long enough, it will get a natural sheen... :p

2. I used the black apoxie sculpt and baby powder mixture to repair an addax horn last month and it worked great, i didn't need to do anything else once it dried.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Bob, Tom's method was tried and true for decades. Most "flat" paint has unscented talcum powder added to it. Suppliers used to sell unscented talc but I haven't seen any lately. I use it in my lacquer paints to "dull" or flatten them.

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I wasn't saying Tims method was wrong, I was just telling you what I noticed. I didn't know if maybe someone else had noticed the same thing at some point and use it now. ;)

5. RDA

RDA Active Member

and now,,,,we return you to this weeks episode of DUMB AND DUMBER..... ;)

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Why was your reply deleted? I just looked it up in deleted topics (moderators only 8)) and it read fine, and accurate, to me? Hmmm...

7. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Because today he's grumpy

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    AVES Apoxie Clay is what I use to repair and build up the rough textured African horns. You can color it after applying it, and before it sets. It already has a rough texture and does not dry shiny as the Apoxie Sculpt does. Good luck!

John.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

I agree with the apoxie clay, works well on elands as well.