1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

AIT Taxidermists and all other taxidermiy associations.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Dean, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dean

Dean New Member

Brigid O'Donoghue from the USSA called me this morning asking if I could post a thank you to the AIT for your thoughts and prayers for the critically ill mother and her family that Brigid brought out deep sea fishing in Florida. She was sorry for not being able to stay longer at your show but time was crucial. She had to drive down and be in Florida by Sunday night and be with the mother and her family early Monday morning. The water was supposed to be rough on Monday but instead when they went out it was warm outside and the ocean or Gulf was like glass. Prayers can go a long way. They started catching fish within a minute of getting out to the fishing area. She said fishing was fast and furious as the mother and family caught fish after fish. The mother did nothing but laugh and smile and catch fish as did her young 13 year old son and her husband. The winds held off until it was time to go back in. When they were done her son thanked Brigid and told her it was a great to see and have my Mom back again even if it's for a day. He hasn't seen her act like this in a long time. She doesn't have the strength to do much any more.
    On Tuesday it was back to reality because the mother was back in the hopital for more scheduled treatment, so more prayers are needed for her. The mother ended up catching the biggest fish and it will be mounted or a replica will be made for her. I'm sure eventually it will end up with her son and he will be able to have it as a keep sake to remember his mom and that fantastic day the family had together.
    I'm sure Brigid will be putting something up on here when she gets back next week. She's down in the South East all week meeting and working toward granting more wishes to critically ill and disabled children and veterans. I'm hoping soon Indiana will have a USSA Representative to contact for doing mounting donations or monetary donations. I can't answer for your taxidermy association but maybe if they don't mind they can be contacted it you'd like to help out. You can also contact me or Brigid by email and we can get some contact information from you. My email can be taken from my profile on the forum. You can also get information about the USSA and contact Brigid from www.childswish.org Thank you again and I hope to see you at the World Show.
    Dean O'Brien- USSA Minnesota Representative

2. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

She will be at the Michigan show next month to speak to our association. I have worked with her in the past and she and the USSA do a great job.

3. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Dean,

I am a little confussed because, Ken Tatge our past President has been our Rep for USSA. He has been talking and working with Brigid for the past year. He is instrumental in making Josh's night at our show a happy and joyous occasion. He is going to continue in his efforts to Rep. the USSA and our Association is behind this effort 100%.

Brad Jones

4. Dean

Dean New Member

The duties of the USSA Representative is different than the person from the state taxidermy association that arranges and lines up the taxidermists to do the mounts. The USSA State Rep's job is to plan, coordinate, and set up all the hunting trips, fishing trips, ATV trips, etc, and other events for the children in that state. You're responsible for all the children that are signed up with the USSA, You're in contact with all the fa miles and make arrangements for the child to make sure they are able to get to a hunt and what special attention and needs that child may need to be addressed in order for them to have a successful hunt.
    Example: You can average anywhere from 2 to 8 hours a day or more in planning, making and receiving phone calls, or meeting with people. That doesn't include the time attending the events. Depending on how close to an event date you are determines the hours you put in and the success or familiar of the event. If you affiliate your state with other charities and organizations then you normally attend the event to make sure things run smoothly and handle any glitches that may come up so it doesn't ruin the day for the child. We hopefull have time to enjoy life. Many of these children don't. It's important to me to put a smile on their faces and create a great memory for them and their family. I hope that helps. Brigid told me she will be in contact with you and Ken.

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Thanks for the clarifications, I knew there had to be more to it than what I have seen. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it. Most of all thank you for what you do Dean.

6. USSA

USSA New Member

I took this photo of Joan and her son while attending her fishing event in FL. This was the biggest fish she caught during her trip and a replica of it will be made to keep the memory of that special catch.

We are truly grateful for the partnership and support of the state taxidermy associations and USSA/Childswish. Working together we can pass on and share the great memories of these special people. Thank you and God bless.

Brigid O'Donoghue,
    www.childswish.org

Attached Files:

7. Dean

Dean New Member

Brigid, The picture says it all. My prayers go out to Joan and her family. You've created some great memories for her and especially her son. It sounds like her young son is a brave young man. I wish the whole family peace and hopefully many more memories ahead.