1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

attaching plaque to shoulder mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by huntingislife, Feb 23, 2011.

1. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Not to come across as a dick, but what happens when someone doing work for people have to alter a form, much less screwing a piece of freakin wood to the back of a mount?..I'm at a loss of words on this one..lol

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Bondo. :D

3. Bowman

Bowman New Member

Thanks a lot guys! I read the bondo comment and tried it on a customers Marco Polo. He just called furious that his mount just crashed to the floor! Both horns are shattered! What to do now???!!! There goes my $$$ I was saving for my cape snake!

4. Bowman!! Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!! LMAO!

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

ROTFLMAO!!

6. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

James Brown! Lol! That's funny!

I'm still a beginner too, but, come on, if you don't have a little common sense or mechanical ability, this will either be short lived, or long and painful career.

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

BUMP!

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Dick.

9. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

Thanks michael I was in need of a good laugh this morning.

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I tried the bondo method. It's a real pain in the azz holding the head up against the wall waiting for it to kick. I tried using barbed wire. Works much better and I can adjust my eye levels easier.

How did I ever miss this thread. Funny stuff.

Barbed Wire Baby. It's what the pros use.

11. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

Instead of using hangers you could just bondo it straight to the wall. It would work great for those wall peds that are hard to balance. It would also stop the old lady from rearranging the house all the time. I might bondo the couch to the floor.

12. shunaphil

shunaphil New Member

Hot glue works well - especially if hanging above a boiler or radiator.

13. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

"10. Remember: THIS AIN'T FREAKIN ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!!!" George Roof

When I worked at WASCO it was my job and responsibility to always be positive and nice. Well, I'm not there any more. lol
    The correct and factual answer is; If you can't figure out how to screw a panel to a deer, you do not have the apptitude to be a taxidermist. Get a job teaching at MIT or Harvard but leave jobs that require craftmanship alone.

This also applies to European mounts, and all of you who ever sent back a mannikin because the eye orbit was broken or cried like a girly man because a mannikin was sawed for shipping.
    You are purchasing RAW MATERIALS, not a new Corvette ZR1 with a scratch on the fender.

14. antlerman

Damn Rick, your mean..........LOL Pretty soon you will replace George as the resident bully.

15. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I'd be honored to grow up and be like George! lol

16. antlerman

me too! I just don't want to grow up yet. ;)

17. I would cry like a girly man if I had a ZR1 and it got a scratch on the fender.