1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

CRITIQUE please, 1st coon 3rd mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by sportsman126, Feb 23, 2011.

1. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Ears, eyes and shape, nose shape and foot shape to name a few. Great job doing your first one. Use tons of reference and keep going. Don't get discouraged.

2. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I think the Chinese would be more offended by the butchered spelling..........

3. smallfish

smallfish New Member

hello im new to taxidermy, i have only mounted two deer heads, but i am going to mount a coon next ,ive been wanting to do coona for a while now.

4. JRose

JRose Member

The eyes seem to need the work, yeah. Give the eyelids some detail definition work. The most common thing I seem to find with small mammal taxidermy is lack of care with the eyes and mouth. From what I can see your mouth looks like it's tucked well. Get proper eyes, get em angled, and give him some good eyelids =) That's just my opinion. He looks smooth and well done though. I like the feet.

5. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Are you two TWINS?

6. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

Lol i noticed that too, since the first one i wanted to know what a coona was. Seems common since these are two well spoken literate people who speak of them

7. Quill

Quill New Member

Sportsman 126 , you REALLY need to start using the spell check provided here, you might learn the english language.

8. Quill

Quill New Member

Sorry Sportsman 126 I think my dig on using spellcheck was intended for jleonard44...................as for your racoon, I love the way you posed it on the branch outside, near a building just like he would be in real life. I think he looks good other than the eye and ear thing which I think cylone addressed perfectly.