1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wrapped mounts only

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by snowhare, Feb 24, 2011.

1. rut

rut New Member

This is my first mount. I've messed around for a long time but never completed anything. I wrapped three bodies before I was happy.
    Thanks Snowhare I got your DVD and it gave me the motivation. I know it's not the best but it's a start. I'm going to pick on a fish next.

Attached Files:

2. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Rut

Way to go , you did well , you no you just have to get that feeling about the whole wrapping thing , ones you get the hang of it you ll love it

Keep on wrapping i say to many times lately hu ;D

3. rut

rut New Member

I have a lot to practice on (five more chipmunks) You can't see it in the picture but the tree stump is hollow with a hole in it. I'm going to do another chipmunk coming out of the hole.
    Thank you!
    Bob

4. Snowhare. . . I love how your signature changed to 'WON'T DO THEM FOR ANY REASON' to 'FOR GOOD CLIENTS ONLY' :D :D :D

5. snowhare

snowhare New Member

YOU YANKS MADE ME DO THIS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

6. I just ordered snowhare's DVD on wrapping small animals.
    I have a client that wants her pet ferret mounted doing the weasel war dance, lol google it, it's a real action pose

I figured it's time to try wrapping a body.

7. cshank

cshank New Member

PA
    i say WA and SNOW dual DVD together ;D ;D

8. capreolus

capreolus New Member

Did this racoon dog today..i´ve never had one with white face and legs before..

[​IMG]

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

That ll be sommething eh , i ques we will be figthing around the floor in ten minuttes lol

snow

10. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

love the raccoon dog..great pose

11. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Very nice coondag , you just gave me an idea to mount one just like that
    snowy

12. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

nice coondog..you can really see the "grey fox" in that mount

13. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Is there anyone in the US you can buy a raccoon dog for mounting? Like a fur farm.

14. Re: My first try at wrapping a body

I just watched the DVD from Snowhair for the 1000 time and decided to get a try, This is what come out of about an hour and 45 min in a shop with no air let me know what I should do different next time. thanks

Attached Files:

15. another pic

Attached Files:

16. Last one

Attached Files:

17. snowhare

snowhare New Member

LOOKING REALY GOOD , LIKE THAT BODY AND LEGS A LOT , CLEAN AND SMOOTH NO BUMPS

SNOWY

18. Thanks Snowy I cant waite to get your next DVD I am going to use DP on this one if it is not frezzer burned it has been skinned and frozen for a while I got to get a head I didnt keep the one off this squirrel I have a freezer full so I will have a go again soon and just use the same skul for both

19. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

fireboy have you tried leaving the leg bones intact as you would a bird wings/legs........try that you may like it better and will give you more accurate "bends" in the legs when you assemble it...and wrap them with cotton or dacron will make them bend easier than excelsior

20. Byrdman, This squirrel was cleaned to eat and I was just going to try my luck on the next one I am going to try the batting on the bones for teh legs I have a skin frozen I hope theis will fit in if it works out at all I will post some picks never mounted one before thanks for the post