1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wrapped mounts only

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by snowhare, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I swear ... this thread is tempting me to try wrapping a small mammal. ('Mostly for the entertainment value. I can post some photos and give everybody a good laugh!)
    But if I break out in hives it's all going to be your fault - you buncha low down .... artists!

2. Idaho Pine Marten my second one> i am a beginner. Cast head with bondo and resin, 13 inch gauge wire for legs and body, excelsior body

Attached Files:

3. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Nancy c

Show us than i like a good laugh ;D ;D ;D ;D , no i ll be serous i don't care if it is not looking that good , at least you give it a try :-\ :-\ :-\

I posted this thread just to show you there is a lot More than RIDGET STIFF UNUSEBEL FOAM MODELS , you now you have a nice piece a wood and yup the feet will not fit so ya have to break em , adjust them and than THEY STILL NOT FITT , this is mostly for small mammals up to a dog medium sized , the big stuff well there are a lot of you one here that beat the shite out a me with that , me no big game man , me small mammal stuffer

Hope you all enjoy this and hopefully you learn and try at least once to make your own body , it makes ya feel real good when it comes together

C YA

Snow

4. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Cookingandstuffing

Great to post your second Marten on here , there are some minor things about it , but this thread is not a pissing contest so keep trying man , you ll get the hands on em

Thanks for sharing ok

Snow

5. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Forgot to tell ya , it in not JUST DARN EXELSIOR I USE , me have some small mean lill tricks to use , yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what would that be eh, weell sleep over it ;D ;D

Snow /J

6. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Gotta say thanks Snowy for the Wrapping thread! This is great and I'll have some to post up too!
    And thanks for showing how to do it too lol

7. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

You sure know how to hurt a guy :D but I'm not gonna beg ;D

8. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

Snow, I expect that being the major man of honor that you are and having done so many wonderful things in the past for so many un-deserving people as well as all that you do for those who really have need of it; you will be putting the tricks that you are teasing us about on here by morning. Kinda like my easter basket used to show up on easter morning by magic.

kirby

9. Randy Miller

Obviously, Kirby WILL beg!! :D

10. zackzeigler

zackzeigler New Member

Re: Re: Wrapped mounts only

What's a wrapped mount?

11. jgrit8

jgrit8 Age 43

WI.
    Its the first way I learned taxidermy.Still like to do it as a hobby ocassionaly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Here are some more oldies but goodies ...

Full excelsior body, wrapped and clayed skull, wrapped leg bones. Earned a blue ribbon at the NTA, and earned my first Inchumunk Award!
    [​IMG]

Foam body - sculpted by myself - with wrapped arms, legs, and tail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Foam body - sculpted by myself - with wrapped arms, legs, and tail.
    [​IMG]

John.

13. Randy Miller

One thought I've had in reading this thread is that perhaps one type of mannikin is not superior to any other, but rather each sculpting medium/technique has its place and what works best for some may not work as well for another. Personal preference. For those who carve and sand, foam is great. In my non-taxidermy life I am a pattern maker for the vacform industry, and wood and bondo are the predominant medium. I love bondo!

14. snowhare

snowhare New Member

;D ;D ;D

John Bellucci

What aere you using in the Squirrel ears , bono/clay/epoxy , le me no

snow

15. The new shop will look just like the picture in just a matter of hours J! LOL

16. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Sherr

You are a beast , i ll keep it crisp and clean for ever and ever , so just ya friggen whait untill ya see it ok , and keep on gooing spraying ya car there ;D ;D ;D ;D

Snow /the crappy dermist

PS IT IS NOT HOW YA SHOP LOOKS LIKE ITS YOUR WORK :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. I've seen you work! :-X You do great work! It's the mess you leave behind! LOL I knew you'd like that! ;D

18. snowhare

snowhare New Member

I JUST DONT REMEBER A THING ;D ;D ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY HERE , I AM THE MOOST CLEAN WORKING DERTMIST THERE COULD BE SHERR :eek: :eek: :eek:

YA NO THE EXSELSIOR THAT IS MAKING A MESS NOT ME

SNOWY

19. Ok J, You win! LOL I'll be nice ;D

20. here's my first mount...he looks stiff and fake...and skinny...but I was quite proud of him and my wrapping

[​IMG]

and here's one where all the fur fell out so I improvised...I still think he's pretty funny and I plan to do more in the future, only high quality

[​IMG]

hey snowhare, can you post some pics of your wrapped bodies before you mount them...