1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Flying Woodducks

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by n.ricker, Feb 24, 2011.

1. I am a newbee and I am wondering why I dont see many woodies done flying.I have a customer who would like his flying which is fine.I was just wanting to see some others.It seems that a standing pose might show the color more.Anyhow if anyone has any they have done I would love to see them. Thanks

2. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Well i personally like wood ducks standing. When there flying the crest is down and my one customer didnt want the flying pose cause of that.

3. X2 on standing mounts!!

4. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

[​IMG]

5. Thanks Scott,That woodie looks nice although the standing birds I do thimk look nicer. In my case I will still mount it flying, I will post a picture when I am done. Thanks again

6. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

I mount Flying one all the time....DC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. wings II

wings II New Member

Here is a comparison mount I put together last year....client couldn't decide so he did both standing and flying. :)\
    [​IMG]

8. Nice, that comparison is really neat.I will have to do that for my shop.Thanks for everyones help.

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

very nice

10. beautiful mounts KMA

11. Guerra

Guerra New Member

Standing shows off it's colors and beauty. It's a no brainer!

12. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Beautiful woodies Matt!

13. I prefer standing as well but this one had some major damage to his left side including a missing leg, I didnt really have too many options. Good luck

Brandon

Attached Files: