1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I would like some critics

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by kazo, Feb 25, 2011.

1. kazo

kazo New Member

Any critics are wellcome. That's the only way to make the next one better

.[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Kazo, you have a good attitude!
    I'd say you did a good job on your grooming, even though it's usually more difficult to tell on the hens. I'll start with critiquing towards the front. It's not the first thing that caught my eye, but the neck seems to have an unnatural bend in the middle. It looks like the "S" is backwards. I wish you had a front shot to examine the front profile. But, it kind of looks like the body is too rounded. The front profile should be wide and flat, especially on divers. I would have put more bend in the elbows, or extended the wrists. Next time, run a wire from the body from between the side and back feathers on each side out to support the secondaries, from underneath, and to extend the primaries to the desired position. These wires will be removed after the bird is dry.
    I think you didn't cut the tail notch deep enough into the body, or wrapped or carved the body too long. You probably noticed that when you went to groom the back.
    Overall, It looks nice and smooth. Keep it up!

3. kazo

kazo New Member

Thanks SteveP for advices.The body is wrapped and the head is artificial.

4. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Keep up the good work

5. ncdeerhunter2002

ncdeerhunter2002 New Member

Looks good to me ,I never done any ducks so I'm no pro,nice work.

6. irishme

irishme New Member

;)hey Kazo, good to see your work.
    Be well my friend
    Steve

7. kazo

kazo New Member

Thank you Guys. Steve if you come to Croatia again you must let me know!

8. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

mount looks good and clean thats a BIG plus the wings need to come up at the ''elbows'' this will raise the secondaries[also carding them till dry] remember air under them will give them lift bend in the humerous bone a wee bit closer towards the body,,this will bring the scaps in closer,, from the underside the bones will be visible through thefeathers almost like a ''stretched out Z then spread out the primaries ,when flying a birds wing is never fully extended ,when they're bent at all the joints it brings more muscle into play so the the down stroke is stronger .[more lift],you could maybe fan the tail a wee bit more too , just my opinion but try to spread the feet wider like ''airbrakes''Best thing is to get LOTS of reference photos of real birds ,Delta Waterfowl and Ducks Unllimited mags are filled with great reference photos