1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One of the largest deer in velvet we have done

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Kastaway, Feb 25, 2011.

1. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

and never will. I wonder how many people really know how deer get big or if they all believe the hunting camp stories and Jeds dad down the road because his buddy that knows so and so said so. LOL

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Bill, my big deer died. Can I have some of your feed? I need to grow another one.

3. michael littlebear

michael littlebear New Member

any idea what the horns weighed and nice job

4. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

I think they weighed a total of 20# after freeze drying. It took a long time to dry them. So glad you enjoyed the photos.

5. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

ok now i know jed personally an with a name like that he knows his stuff an got it from his dad, an his dad told me to feed my wild deer hotdogs with birth control pills. he said them does will turn into bucks an i quote "than youse can shootem up good"

6. troy

troy Member

PA
    Looks like a buck called "Highroller". I believe he was from Ohio.He scored 419 a few years ago and was the largest buck on record,until he got beaten by one of his sons, "Rolex" who I believed scored 429. I don't know if he is still alive, though. I have a Highroller son but, alas, he will be 6 years old this year and he only scores in the 250's. Not that that is bad, just he ain't his father. I am moving away from those big stickerbush looking racks (can't seem to sell them for any kind of money) and am moving back to big, clean main frame 8's and 10's. They are easier to sell. And I'm in with Bill. If there was some steroid, hormone or feed that was a magic pill for big racks, everyone would have 400 class bucks. It just ain't so. It takes a lot of planning and mixing and matching (and a LOT of luck) to get those monster bucks. Your chances might be better, and cheaper, at hitting the lottery. All that being said, I think he is a awesome buck and he looks great! You did a fantastic job with the mount and I feel you gave such an awesome buck the justice he deserves. Also, the owner should be comended on getting such an animal and being able to keep him alive! People need to get close to one of these big fellas when they are alive and they will see how very special and amazing they really are. Might change their view on raising one. Good job!!

7. McMahon22

McMahon22 Member

wow