1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big surprise, wow

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Daniel Callan, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Two weeks ago one of my clients came into the shop as I was looking through the McKenzie catalogue for table mounting stands
    I just happened to mention to him that before next hunting season I was going to purchase 4 table stands.
    Long story short, He came in the shop the other day and presented me with a box.
    Inside were 4 table stands that he made for me.
    I was totally blow away by the stands, I asked him how much he wanted and he told me nothing since I have always done good by him when he brought his deer in to be mounted.

It's really nice to be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Congrats! You can't beat that.

3. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Sweet!

John.

4. verne

verne Well-Known Member

like the knob on the end,to tighten ; easy on the hand.

5. zubba

zubba Active Member

looks good. If he is looking for extra cash, he should consider taking orders on them.

6. rocco

rocco New Member

I would definitly like to buy a couple of those if he would like to make more.

7. Looks like the boy (or girl) can weld !!!
    Bet they could sell a few!

8. i work in a machine shop, so i grabbed some scrape pieces and made a stand identical to those. They work perfect! It sure makes your day when you have someone like that come into the shop and having appreciation for what you do, instead of trying to get the next best deal or see how they can screw you.

9. irishme

irishme New Member

;) EXCELLENT, MOST PEOPLE WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.
    VERY FEW PEOPLE LIKE THAT AROUND
    CONGRATS

10. I'll see if he's willing to make more , maybe if the price is right.
    What would they be worth?

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Daniel, you must be a good guy, you got stainless, I just get regular "pipe" lol. Nice deal, good for you.

12. Those look great. Yes it is nice to be appreciated with out soliciting it. That is some find welding also on those stands. I believe that good things happen to good people. You must be good people with good customers.

13. Bill Yox

I think Curtis just implied I wasnt a good person, but Daniel is... :'(

14. Hah Bill your a great guy to, lmao ;D :D ;)

But I don't think they are stainless, He said I should paint them so they don't rust.

15. Bill Yox

Ah I see...they sure looked like stainless. Mustve been really clean then.

16. Don

Don New Member

Dan:

Ask him if he can weld one up for me. See if he can do up a floor model, that will hold up to a big ass swamp donkey.

Later,

Don

17. Bill Yox

Dons a good guy, he deserves stainless too!

18. Don's an alright guy. :D ;D
    I'll be talking to him this week some time.
    He's already told me that he is going to try and make one to hold a big swamp donkey. :eek:
    He saw the last one I did with all the salt bags as counter balance, makes it hard to move around the stand. :mad:

So Bill , I guess I'm not that good a guy if I didn't get stainless ;) :D ;D

19. Bill Yox

Nah dont be so quick to judge, lol, as I thought you DID have stainless. Try this...are you a Leafs fan or a Sabres fan?

20. Bill I am a Senators fan lol, but I would pick the Sabres over the Leafs any day.