1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wire wheel attachment suggestions!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Jimmy, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

Hello everyone,
    I bought a 1/4 electric motor for my bird flesher. My problem is for the life of me i dont know how to attach a wire wheel to the shaft. The shaft looks like a universal electric motor shaft so i could imagine someone has had this problem before. any suggestions on how to attach the wire wheel? Thanks Jimmy

Attached Files:

2. Schmaltzy

Schmaltzy Member

Ok. I had the same deal. Some where out there is an adaptor. That slides over that shaft. If has lock strews in it. The other end has threads. So your brush has a hole in the middle that slides over the threaded end and then washer and nut over that . I put a specer in the back of the bruch to bring the brush out further. dont forget your gaurd that stops the fat from going all over the place. LOL!

3. http://order.matuskataxidermy.com/SearchResult.aspx

Scroll down the page. This may be what you're looking for? There is an arbor for sale as you scroll down the page from this link.

4. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

Hey thanks to both of you. i found what i needed.

5. Guerra

Guerra New Member

I made mine with a drill and the bottom of a plastic barrel. It works great and cleanup is a breeze.

6. I feel bad, after looking at the link I posted, I realize that I did a search for a wire wheel arbor and found it, however when I posted the link, that search was deleted. So, if you didn't find what you were looking for, Matuska carries an arbor. Will it fit the shaft of your motor? That I wouldn't guarantee.