1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cape Snake/Enlarging deer cape/Wildthang65

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by wildthang65, Feb 27, 2011.

1. wildthang65

wildthang65 New Member

To the guys who don't believe that you can enlarge a cape, that's fine. To the guys who want to learn that there are ways to get creative and do things outside the box and learn new things, that was why I made this post. Thanks for the positive responses. Joey P, you of all people should know about thinking outside the box. It wasn't that many years ago they were saying organ transplants weren't possible, but you have given an organ to a good cause. So we know that there are people who think outside the box and can make things happen. You would think you would be able to remain a little more open minded about things being possible when people say they aren't! Joey M, thanks for your response as you seem like you are willing to lean towards trying something new to achieve similar results. I would be willing to give you my contact information, if you want me to talk you through the process. To the guy with the Extenze comment, I understand your skepticism being that you might of had limited results with Extenze, instead of buying pills, maybe you should of bought the Cape Snake for your personal use, it might of gave you better results!!! Frank K. thanks for the positive response, your posts always seem to make alot of sense. And FINALLY to George Roof, you hit the nail on the head saying, you can take a raw cape and stretch the hell out of it. As that is basically what I did. You guys seem to think that a deer is suppose to grow new skin everytime it puts on weight. I took a mature deer cape and made it bigger. The results couldn't of been achieved with a juvenile deer. In my opinion, anyone on this site that puts on 50 lbs in their adult lifetime will not grow new skin or more hair. Thanks for all the responses from everyone on the site.

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Why do most smaller size deer have smaller eye to nose measurements than a large deer??? Answer that question and then answer this.

Once you stretch a deer cape from 20" to 29".........where do you how do you fit the face??? of a 20" deer on a 29" form.

Answer that question and then my ears will be open :)

3. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it works to some extent. No one said stretching a cape was a bad thing, only that stretching it 9 inches seemed a bit extreme/unnecessary/unbelievable. As I just posted, I did the same thing (stretched a cape a bit) using the George Roof method for under $20. The cape snake seems a bit over priced to me.

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

A bit? :D

5. ireland84

ireland84 Member

That's the same questions I had Michael. Seems to me you would have some severe problems with the mold. I can see a lot of change out heads, etc when you stress a hide that far.

6. rocco

rocco New Member

Show us some pics and if its not a complete disaster..I'll buy one......waiting........

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Cape snakes are for those that can't measure and order forms the correct size. Out side the box,, thats one weak sales pitch.
    Good point Michael.

8. I would also like to see pics, other wise it is just talk and being a used car sales man.

9. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I have seen a cape snake demonstration, to do the normal stretching that can be done by hand its a expensive toy! to try and make something bigger than it actually was to begin with has no appeal to me. I guess if arthritis or something kept you from being able to do the deed it could be helpful. I'm not skeptical I'm just not interested.

10. tem

tem Well-Known Member

there is no reason for stretching a cape that big.if the good lord wanted you to shoot a big deer. then he would have let you. end of story.

11. daddys deerheads

daddys deerheads Member

i dont understand the point ,it wasnt that big when you killed it ,..i can understand the resoning behind the penis pump ,but not this contraption

12. Oh no here we go again I am going to make some popcorn now

13. rocco

rocco New Member

I watched the video demonstration of the cape snake and I have to agree with the above posts that if you measure correctly, you don't need to stretch a cape. I sure need to see pictures of that Franken-deer...I want a cape snake but I need to see how a 20 inch turns into a 29 and doesn't look like some Down's Syndrome alien bastard hybrid...can I see the pics?? I got money burning a hole in my pocket.

14. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    How many weeks with no pictures of the deer? Must be trying to buy a extreme size cape to prove his point. Someone is full of rectal matter.

15. Shooterschoice

Shooterschoice work is for people who dont fish

i can understand streaching it an inch or so because of shrinkage from tanning but thats all i would ever stretch it.

16. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

this is the song that never ends..............LOL

17. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

I recently bought a cape snake for my shop,with no intent on getting a 19 inch deer to fit a 25 inch form I think thats crazy!!! but if you use it as a stretching tool to help you taxi the hide on a form that fits the measurement of the cape you will be happy with the time savings.

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Once again,, if you measure capes correctly, there is no need for a cape snake. I cant see "savings" in this product at all. It is a pet rock.

19. pdmd2911

pdmd2911 Member

I was going to say this exact thing. I seldom have the measurements as I'm buying capes and horns separately, it has proven to be a huge time saver. I've tried the inner tube trick with only fair results, the cape snake works much better.

20. Jake of cousins outdoors

Jake of cousins outdoors Shoot like you're hungry!

If I go through life and never get a cape with a snake in it "I WIN". Sorry I had to say what I was thinking, bad habbit of mine.