1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

not the rut I like.....

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jmcclain29, Feb 28, 2011.

1. jmcclain29

jmcclain29 New Member

Am I the only one that gets in a big rut or slump..every now and then?? It seems like sometimes I go out to my shop and just cant get motivated. Some times I cant stay out of my shop and sometimes I cant stay in my shop. One thing that really helps me is to get on here and read post and look at the awesome work people are turning out. I am thankful to live in world that I can do what I want, I was just wondering if I was the only one who fell in a few ruts now and then.

2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

It's called depression. Groundhog Day is my favorite movie. Sums it up for me.

There is no tomorrow. There wasn't one yesterday.

3. Chinbeard

Chinbeard New Member

I get that way. Usually when i aint got noone to talk to. Turn on your favorite music. Good luck!

4. cwt

cwt Active Member

I am kinda in one myself. Dont feel motivated. I think its good to take a break once in awhile as long as you are keeping your turn around times that you promised, might as well take sometime for yourself or you will get burned out and then will be even worse in the long run. Cutting corners and not really caring just wanting to get them out of your shop. I am taking a breather from the shop a bit this week.

5. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Yep. Taxidermy Burn-out sucks....Just think of all the pictures of Ben Franklin you can have when the work is done. That ought to do the trick!!!!!!!!

6. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

yeh i usually get really amped up about gettin out in the shop and its all i can think about then by the time i get home from work and eat dinner im done for most of the time...ole Mr. Franklin is a good motivator though, i agree Mark

7. jmcclain29

jmcclain29 New Member

Thanks for the input. It really helps,,,

8. yep in one myself, jsut moved and still havent got everything situated and its a bit** to work not knowing exactly were things are at. It will be better when I get everything back in order. Keep it up your not alone.