1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Squirrel Antlers

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Chinbeard, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Chinbeard

Chinbeard New Member

I been thinkin about mounting a squirrel with antlers. Has anyone found a set of antlers that will fit them good? Thanks

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

look on ebay, someone sells mini replicas. Those may work

3. If you get desperate, you can always buy the deer bobblehead that guys put on their truck dashboard and use the rack from that. Or make one from apoxie sculpt.

Bruce

4. Chinbeard

Chinbeard New Member

Thanks Brian. Cabelas had these sheds and raxx miniatures. They are $20 bucks but its hard to tell there size. I will check ebay.

Bucknut- Thank you too. I actually have one of those bobbleheads..... I been eye'n it up too LOL

5. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Really ... the best thing to do is to just catch one of those rare antlered Squirrels! ;) ;D
    [​IMG]

John.

6. To funny... :D

7. Chinbeard

Chinbeard New Member

LMAO

8. LordRusty

Ohio
    Glad you enjoyed the photo. That was our boy Elliott - from many years ago.

I bought the antlers while I had a display at an outdoor exhibition in Columbus, OH, from a vendor that was selling them as pin backs for the front of a ball cap.

I removed the pin, ground the skull portion away and shaped it to fit Elliott's head, then glued a bit of tanned Squirrel scalp to it.

That was over 15 years ago, and although Elliott has gone on to greener, nut-filled pastures, those antlers are still around.

John.

9. Chinbeard

Chinbeard New Member

Thats pretty cool. I bet no one messed with Elliot.

10. dhart

dhart Active Member

If we got Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young........what are you going to call this when you score it?

11. LordRusty

Ohio
    Hmmm ... "Pip and Cricket"! ;D

John.

12. Bangle

Bangle New Member

Elliott is very cute! :) lol

13. What about "Nut and Pine". To make book it would have to score at least 6"

14. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

John if he wasn't real and being held in a hand I'd say the judge would bust ya for incorrect antler set on that squirrel.... ;) :D but there you have it folks the picture doesn't lie and there is the proper angle

15. Silverbrook

Silverbrook New Member

I've got a 120'' set I would be willing to sell but your gonna need a much bigger squirrel than the one in the pics. LOL !! phil