1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2011 !!!!!!!!

A warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire! I just returned from the Georgia Taxidermist Association annual convention and competition! What a privileged to once again be a judge at a great association show with so many talented members! The folks that attended the show so friendly I hope if your in the areas of Macon GA in February of 2012 that you take a day to come and visit the show to see what the GTA is all about!

As we come in the 2011 State show season I hope you all take advantage to attend your local state show to meet friends and to take in a few seminars to learn a thing or two to make your work more profitable or just a little bit more satisfying for you! I hope to see you at the Michigan convention. The California convention and the Ohio Convention all in March! Lets get this month start with the next chapter in inspiration for the fishheads who spend time at this posting on this tremendous web site!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start off this March recognizing those from all over the world who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past month’s pictures! Absolutely breathtaking art work!!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of March with a Talented Gentleman from the beautiful are of the world known as Smithers, British Columbia Canada! Mr. Chuck Holyk is not only a great guy and a taxidermist who is working hard to establish a business of reproduction taxidermy in this area of Canada but also a devoted family DAD!
    I hope you enjoy the work of Chuck Holyk!
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in April!

So here we go and here is to a great March in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here area few pictures to start the mouth in pictures from Mr. Chuck Holyk!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where I don’t have opportunity as often as I would like to be on the T-net for those who need to get a hold of me please give us a call or drop us a note with the regular email. Thanks!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Thanks again Rick for all you do. It was a pleasure and honor to meet you and have you judge our competition at the GTA convention. Here is my winning fish again!

Attached Files:

3. dougp

dougp Active Member

Very nice job Chuck.........

Congratulations Kevin on your winning esox!

Here's a striper skin mount w/custom cast head.

Attached Files:

4. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I have heard the term "boot" used on here to describe what I think is a rough shaped river salmon. This brown look like he had his butt ( caudal ) kicked by one and kind of looked like a boot himself. I should of photographed the belly as I left all the scars as they were. This fish was done with the new Woods & Water from Badger.

Paul B

I found one pic that showed a bit of the scars

Attached Files:

5. den007

den007 Active Member

A few from the last few weeks. Bream, musky, salmon, and brown.

Attached Files:

6. den007

den007 Active Member

Here is the big salmon......love that musky.......Pescado, quit trying to copy my brown trout. LOL

Attached Files:

7. den007

den007 Active Member

brown

Attached Files:

8. den007

den007 Active Member

bream

Attached Files:

9. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    dougp, I'll be the first to say Fantastic! Wow!

Do you have a picture of that walleye? Nice work!

10. First LMB First Replica... AKA painting dummy.
    Ron
    [​IMG]

11. Jason S

Jason S New Member

I will second that! I love all of those cold water fish too! Awesome work everyone!!!

12. here's a northern just finished

Attached Files:

13. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Amazing Salmo Trutta Doc!!!

14. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great job,Congratulations Kevin,Off to a great start this month.

15. dougp

dougp Active Member

Thanks Timjo & JasonS...........

Timjo, the walleye in the pic you asked about is one I mounted in '93. It's a 27" skin mount that I still use for display in the showroom. Probably should update.....I did a lot of "fooling around" with color and technique bach then. Not so much anymore, although I should, that was where all the fun was at! ;)

Attached Files:

16. wishbone

wishbone New Member

really like that striper

2nd of a dual smb mount finished

[​IMG]

17. Always love seeing your fish Doug!

Nice Muskie also Kevin, Congrats!

18. MOUNT-EM

MOUNT-EM New Member

Iowa
    Another fish sold on eBay.

Attached Files:

19. Great mounts, thanks for sharing them, wishing you well, stargazer.

20. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful striper Doug P! It looks amazing. Good work.