1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Perk

Perk Deuce, My grouse dog

Great work everybody. UFD your a tough act to follow. Great job on the salmon.
    This is my piece from the Wisconsin show.
    [​IMG]

2. Paul C

Paul C New Member

WOW Dave! Thanks for waiting until my king was good and buried before posting yours! Absolutely stunning!

3. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nice salmon UFD!

And awesome smallmouth Perk!

4. M.O.S

M.O.S Member

Smallmouth (19 1/2")
    [​IMG]

5. BMW

BMW New Member

As always, amazing stuff here.
    Congrats Perk!

6. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Dave that king is as real as it gets WOW!!!!... your bases are absolute works of art by themselves too

7. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Whats up guys!! Glad to see the work quality has not changed. You all keep fish pics looking better and better.

Mr. "F"ing Dave, your always an inspiration for what I want my work to become.

Here is a couple finished up for me. A couple of local customer fish.

[​IMG]

Another angle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still Life Eye
    [​IMG]

9. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

WoohTravis! Nothing wrong with those two pieces. Dave definately is the Master but your Stripers are tuff to beat. Beautiful work!

10. Travis, nice to see you posting your work again. Its always inspiring. I was just looking through the Angler's Artistry Student Work thread and wonder where are the regular contributors went.

11. Fantastic fish this month. I really like Doug's striper, Trashfish's pike and Dave's salmon. In fact, it's hard to post a salmon after Dave does, but here goes. My customer brought me a picture of the reddest king I've ever seen. Here is the replica I made for him Brad
    [​IMG]

12. Hi guys and gals

Its not a fish, but it swims
    8" long Atlantic inshore longfin squid (soon to be a chaser for a tuna)
    Custom replica using Jeff's Still life lenses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Nice to see you posting Josh. I love it when I see you have posted in TMIFP's. It's like Christmas morning. I never know what it is you have molded and I am always amazed. Awesome job.

14. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    A first for me..........a Palamino trout I recently molded/cast/finished...............from a north Georgia stream.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Manny

Manny New Member

All inspiring as always......

Havent been here much latley but I stop in when I get time..... Cant miss this thread !
    Getting tired of browns and blacks with deer ;D

16. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful striper Travis! That eye set is unbelievable.

That sure is a red king runnoft.

Never seen a mounted squid before Josh, but that thing is awesome and will be a great addition to the tuna mount!

I love palomino trout, and that is a very nice mount [email protected]!

17. akairman

akairman New Member

travis, when i see your rockfish, it makes me think about catching them. they look so real its unbelievable. you nail it man.
    UFD, same with your coldwater fish, you are amazing. i've been staring at a steelhead blank for a year and a half trying to recreate half of your talent.
    everyone here is producing such quality fish, its inspiring and intimidating all at the same time

18. Here's some other pictures of the fish Rick posted. I have been messing around a lot with trying to take good photos. The best ones so far is by mounting the fish on the side of the house and using natural lighting. Geesh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Thanks a lot guys. Love the nice work everyone is doing.

Nice job Chuck. I love the presentation too.

20. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nice trout Chuck! The pics look good too.