1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Good to see you every now & then Manny!

2. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Beautiful work everyone!! Always my favorite thread! :)

3. This carved SMB is a Canadian government commission to illustrate the WavyRay mussel (the orange mussel in the foreground) extinction soon to be. This mussel needs the SMB to propagate its larvas in the Great Lakes. When the SMB approaches the mussel to attack it, this one simply "spits" her larvas in the SMB face. The larvas cling to the SMB gills and live in symbiosis for a certain lenght of time then unhook from their host. Unfortunately, this underwater scene should disapear in a near future due to pollution and Zebra mussel invasion. SMB, rocks, mussel carved from Tupelo and gravel made with plaster...Painted with Rick tutorial on his SMB DVD!

Yves

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nice smallmouth!

5. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Cool SMB scene. Great work everyone.

[​IMG]
    2 White Bass in the works.

6. CarlScroggins

CarlScroggins Oct. 25 1985...It was a good day.

So when are you going to skin them Timjo? I see that all you have done so far is remove the paired fins. ;D

7. My entry for the Illinois show.

Attached Files:

8. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Awesome work from you all!! Really nice to see some carvings too!

9. Thank you Rick Krane For Your Tutelage and support.
    24" 360 Large Mouth.

Attached Files:

10. Heres a batch of gills and punkins going out to customers.

Attached Files:

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

wow, now thats a real nice bad azz striper mount. i see tons of them here and let me tell you sir. YOU NAILED IT!WOW!

12. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Common Carp blank by Angling Artisan , Jeff's eyes. Just need the base made now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. UFD

UFD New Member

Thanks for all the nice, imaginative and fun to read words about the Chinook, guys! :)

Travis, diggin' those Bass. Josh, fabulous, incredibly detailed job on the Tentacled Sea Dick. Chuck, looks like you got that scale painting down pat! JE, that overhead shot of your Carp is very, very cool!!!

Here is a 19" Westslope Cutthroat that I just finished. My client wanted the rub spots on both sides of the caudal peduncle painted back in (whatever they were from?)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    David !!!!!! You did it again :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You are my hero now! Ollie

15. UFD- Im a westslope biologist and can say for a fact you nailed that!!! awsome

16. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

JE that carp looks very nice

17. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

wow nice pics!! second time this week ive seen an awesome looking carp thanks for sharing

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Those are some nice fish mvernelson! I really like the big largemouth display. Thanks for sharing!

19. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Looks like the mounts from Advance Taxidermy- Canada? (www.fiberglassfish.com ) Very nice work. Ollie

20. Thanks Ollie, thats exactly right!