1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Then and Now!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by deadeyedave2008, Mar 4, 2011.

1. I dont know how many of you might have these, but i think it would be neat to see a pic of one of your first mounts and then a pic of a mount from recent time to see your progress over the years. I think alot of us would like to see them! It could be lifesize or gamehead mounts.

2. c70mach1

c70mach1 Let em grow.......

Guess there a little bashful . LOL... :eek:

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Not bashful, just tired of posting the old ones over and over every time someone new comes along and ask for us to do it again.
    Try the search box, type in " first mounts" and see what you come up with.

4. That is why I have made a point of keeping the very first one , a few people have said they would give me a token fee for it but I like to see how far I have come . Maybe one day I might redo it , until then I can just look at it and think how bad it really is.

5. TN Bucknasty

TN Bucknasty New Member

I feel the same way. I just sit in the living room and stare at my first mounts for hours thinking about everything that I should have done differently.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I had to make room, the old junk had to go to the dump or ebay. I didnt want to see them, let along customers seeing them.

7. LOL T!

Only photo I could find of my first deer 5 years ago. I cracked up because I saw the cardboard holding left ear open. I remember breaking the damn thing trying to move it around, still never got it right. :D

[​IMG]

A recent mount on a FL deer.

[​IMG]

8. Love that mount Dennis,still waiting on your paint schedule for eyes and nose.lol

9. butterbean

butterbean New Member

What form is that on the FL. deer?

10. Haven't forgoten Silverman, just haven't done any finish work lately. Got a lot to do coming up.

Butter bean, that is a McKenzie 6500 series form.