1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PA. Show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by coonhollow, Mar 4, 2011.

1. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Thought I would get on and say hello from the PA Show, this is a great show and some awesome mounts by the looks of it, MichaelP was playing baseball indoors with a large group of little people, and were getting ready for arts and crafts they sure were having fun! it was very entertaining..Great people this is one show you shouldn't miss.

2. i was hoping to attend this year, but isnt happening, hope to make it next year and meet some of you nice folks, kevin

3. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Cant wait to see pics from the PA show!

4. nelentaxidermy

nelentaxidermy Member

PA
    Just got home from the show and as always wow....
    Only got to spend 1 day b/c of family but from 8 AM till 4 PM i got to see the following...

Manny Chavez- Business Seminar- So much to learn and apply.
    A vendors area that had deals galore, new products, lessons to be learned.
    I got to buy a tanning kit from Coonhollow.
    Joe Kullis had sold all of his Dextrin, but I did spend a minute or 2 with him.
    Nikki and Walnut Creek as always had some great panels.
    Other vendors, tanneries, and suppliers. All were great to meet and talk to, answering all of my rookie questions.

A Competition room that just blew me away. Today you could view from a distance and watch some of the judging going on.
    I saw Lou taking pics and hopefully some get posted soon, my cell phone camera wouldn't do any justice.

Saw Michael again after working with him Monday. Energy and enthusiasm that he puts into everything. I am guessing he could get my daughter excited about cleaning her dog kennel. He just goes 100% into what he does.
    Nina and Bailey walking around and probably many other like me who hang out hear.

Wish I could have spent more time but Spring softball practice starts tomorrow and I can't miss that.

Nothing like a PTA event to re-energize you...
    Thanks to all who make it happen.

5. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Congratulations to Nina, she won the Presidents Cup Challenge for her wrapped body mink! Michael will be serving her a meal tomorrow! :eek: We got to walk through the competition area and the quality of work was awesome to say the least! So far I have seen Janna and her Bo (I think that's southern for boyfriend) ;D And Bailey her artwork as usual is awesome...And even got to meet a taxidermist and his wife that lives 10 minutes from me that I never had the opportunity to meet both very nice! if your not here you missed out on a great show!

6. PA

PA Well-Known Member

I drove up for the afternoon and saw the exhibits room - some really nice stuff. I haven't been that active in the PTA since I was a board member probably 10 years ago, but some of the older people from then still go to the meetings. I saw Michael and Bailey from a distance, but didn't see Nina who I had at the museum years ago on a little video shoot. I hadn't been to Seven Springs since 1975 when I backpacked through on the Laurel Ridge Trail over Easter Break during college. It sure has grown up.

Would have been interested in meeting you coonhollow as you seem to be interested in the History of Taxidermy which is a passion with me.

7. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

It sure was nice to talk to so many nice people. Got the booth down, and was on the road by 12:30, home by 3:30, went to Mass, and spent 2 hours with my Mom at the nursing home. A great day eventhough it rained all the way home. All in all, a great trip and a great show.

8. Damage

Damage Pull the wool over your own eyes!

If ONLY if I had a brother named Luke! ;)

9. Joe, did you find your camera? Had a great time and found some great bargains. It's nice putting a face to the people your dealing with for your supplies and services. Thanks to the PTA directors and board members for your hard work and time involved in pulling this off. It was also great to see a very humble talented person that had some health concerns there looking great, glad to see your doing well Tim. Next time I'm working in Dubois I'm making it a point to stop in and pick your brain. Thanks all.

10. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Well, as I thought, it was packed with the booth. What I couldn't find was my phone. But it was in the van on top of a box right behind me. Looked and looked. But when I got home, just went into the studio, called it, and found it. So all is great now. Sure worried all the way home where I might have lost both the camera and the phone.
    Thank you so much for helping take down and load the booth. It is so nice to meet some of the good people left in this world. I can't thank you enough.

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

PA it would have been nice to meet you also! I love taxidermy history even though I'm not as knowledgeable as I would like to be. I spent years when first learning taxidermy reading every old article or publication I could and collected a lot of old publishing's, magazines and books. Unfortunately I still have them all packed away one day I hope to have a room done for it to be displayed.
    it was a great show I met a lot of nice folks!