1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounting Stand?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by pandy175, Mar 4, 2011.

1. I am in need of a new mounting stand. Any recommendation?

2. Try the one Van Dyke sells..I believe it is $114.

3. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

pretty easy to make one if you can weld or have a friend who can weld.

4. I bought one of the new ones from
    McKenzie as a backup and it is really nice, plus it is not much money.

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

You should take size into account on mounting stands. Some can't handle the weight of moose or elk because of the welds and tipping.
    I like the table top mounting stands. I have a model C and a model D. The model C has an adapter that was bought separately from Van Dyke's. I spent about $125 between the 2 of them. If I had more room I would order a few floor models, but I can't complain about what I have.

6. a7d1

a7d1 New Member

I use the floor model from Van Dykes along with six wall mounts that are interchangeable with the stand. I took four 2 x 8's ( nailed together to make a tall box) and mounted a rod to the bottom of it and drilled a hole into my cement floor for the rod to insert into. On the top I mounted a metal bracket to the ceiling with a rod that goes into the top of the 2 x 8's. The whole unit spins so I can work on any head I chose. By pulling the top pin I can remove entire unit and move to another location if need be. This in turn gives me essentially six stands for the price of one. Hope this helps.

7. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Id like to see a pic of what your talking about a7d1 I cant picture it in my head. And it sounds like a good idea

8. a7d1

a7d1 New Member

I'll try to get a picture and get it on here. It will be a challenge for me but I will try.

9. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

I have this 114.00 one from Van Dykes and I love it. I am goin to order 2 more.

10. Try this one http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,254206.msg1769089.html#msg1769089
    Not as cheap as the others mentioned but best stand I have used and it will last you forever

11. Anyone used the model H form Van Dykes, two head model?

12. tracy

tracy coon dogs

email this guy he make all kind at a good price
    he don,t have a web site and i don,t think he is on here
    had a both at the state show and some very nice stands
    but sure he has a good deal for ya
    [email protected]

13. Thanks Tracy

14. Nobody tried the dual head model from Van Dykes?

15. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Thats what I have pandy, I like to for finishing I can put 2 heads or 2 whatever on it at the same time and finish them.

16. Thanks, Kevin

17. Kevin do you have the extended legs or just the regular 18 inch legs?

18. Eric E.

Eric E. Member

I have 5 of the NMST-1 floor stands ($168.65) from McKenzie they are heavy duty and with a little weight on legs (salt bags) I have mounted moose on them without any major problems.

The oldest one I have of this style is about 6 years old and is still holding up well.

19. Thanks for all the replies.

20. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Pandy175 the two headed stand would be nice for finish work but you might have to be taking one off if you intend to sew. I need to stand on the back side of mine to sew up.