1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lower-grade wallhanger pelts (discounted!)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Mink, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Mink

Mink New Member

Just got a batch in from the tannery this evening, and unfortunately they did a whack job on a few of these furs. Especially the bobcat I was not happy to see when I opened that box! (but luckily I got some prettier ones in from Marc Romine recently!)
    Anyway, I am offering these at a discount because of the damage. Buyer pays shipping.

Raccoon: Great quality fur, just lost the end of the tail. Otherwise, flawless. $35

2 possums: One has slip spots, the other a large hole in the snout. $15 each

5 mink: Overall excellent fur, but all have face damage. Nothing serious except for one that is missing half its head. $15 each or $65 takes all five.

Bobcat: Super soft fur, CITES tagged, but has multiple slip spots on the shoulders and underside. Just pay the cost of tanning, $25 + shipping

Or, take ALL of these for $155 shipped!

[​IMG]

2. BluesEyes

BluesEyes Thylacine & Taxidermy Freak

Could you hold the possom on the left for me? :)

3. Sashakittythegreat

Sashakittythegreat Beginner Taxidermist(2 mounts down)

hmmm ellie can you hold the 3rd mink over for me for a week or so? or until I get the cash I really like that mink.

4. Mink

Mink New Member

Depends on how long you'd like me to hold it. The longest I typically hold items is a week. I have held stuff back for longer, but often had problems with people not paying.. so, a week is the longest I'll go. Thanks!

Yes, same answer as above I can hold it for a week :)

5. who tanned them??? (which tannery)

6. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Is it possible to see how badly the underside is slipped?

7. Mink

Mink New Member

These were tanned by Tubari Ltd. in New Jersey. I've had both good and bad results from them, so I am waiting on another batch I sent to Moyles tannery as an experiment, to see if the quality is any better.

These are still good craft furs, nice and soft and supple, but just not up to the resale quality I was hoping to get.

Wolfwoman, I'll take a picture of the cat's underside later today. The slippage isn't horrible underneath, its mostly under and between the front legs.

8. BluesEyes

BluesEyes Thylacine & Taxidermy Freak

Yes, a week if good :) I'll let you know if I won't get it, what does the underside look like?

9. Might be interested in bobcat; can I see pics of slippage? If it's not too bad, might send it off to wolfwoman and see if she can make something with it :) !

10. ptjwt

ptjwt Member

You wont be sorry with Moyles, I send them all my fur , Only had 1 fur come back damaged since i used them, Possum with face damage.

11. Mink

Mink New Member

Here's the underside of the bobcat. The slippage is only really bad on the chest but the rest of the belly has good fur.

[​IMG]

12. Mink

Mink New Member

No problem. And the underside of the possum is in good shape, nothing wrong with it. I could take a picture if you need, but it just looks like, well, the underside of a possum!

13. Esaki Riu Sama

Esaki Riu Sama Member

Shame that tanner messed up that pretty cat and that nice coon :(

14. Are any of these still available?

15. Mink

Mink New Member

The bobcat is still available, and one mink (the one with half its face).

The coon and one possum I used the fur to make hats, and I am still holding back the middle mink and the possum on the left, for Sahakittythegreat and BluesEyes.

16. Mink

Mink New Member

Bobcat sold, just have the half-faced mink left but I'll use the fur for something else if nobody buys it!