1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Herp Derp Taxidermy - 2nd Worst I've Seen!

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Light Rail Coyote, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Chad C

Chad C Member

He is probably the one that does them just saying its his brother in law. Hes been selling mounts like that for a quite a while and they havent got any better. His mounts have been quite popular on here, has made the headlines a quite a bit.

2. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

that prairie dog is hilarious, he needs to be setting on a little toilet. hes straining too hard lol

3. What has he (or his ''taxidermist'' ) done to those poor skins? :(

I can't believe he actually has a reserve on them, anyone in their right mind wouldn't buy them (unless to salvage the pelts/give the mount a whole new make over)

4. Sage

Sage New Member

I think I'm gonna cry from the visual trauma.

Sorry to be so scathing but seriously? I've never done a face mount before and I think I could come up with something better...

5. runingun

runingun New Member

I think he must have been smoking some Whacky Backy when he done this one.

6. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

visit kantors website

7. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

check this one out and tell me, wasn't it reported as selling for $200?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coyote-Full-Body-Exotic-Taxidermy-Mount-Nice-Fur-Color_W0QQitemZ120693760146QQcategoryZ71128QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7532843428367466585

kirby

8. check this out someone actually paid 200.00 for some of his fine work
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120690442071&si=1GrSnExdsJs7V%252BKzdGu
    It was this auction of 3 squirrels that sold for 200.00

9. good quality there.$700 doller mount.lol

10. cvandellen

cvandellen New Member

And I thought my stuff looked bad lol ;D ;)

11. bobcat071

bobcat071 Just hangn with buds!!

MO
    Probably make a killing.....sellin to haunted houses!!!lmao

12. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

this is funny.......I actually sent this guy a message through ebay telling him how terrible the work was and he sent me a reply saying I was "uncooth". I was wondering if this guy would be brought up on taxi net......I actually recomended this site to him. I figure this has to be a joke.......but hey.....he is the one that reeled in 200.00 off those rediculous squirrells!!

13. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

As long as a piss poor quality taxidermist can sell the horribly distorted stuff he cranks out .. he will never believe that he isn't the greatest in the world and turning out a fine product. Maybe his vision is so poor that he can not use reference photos. That poor coyote looks like it got it's head squeezed till it's eyeballs popped out. Misshapen and as disgusting looking as it is, some fool bid on it. Maybe as a prank, haunted house item or to scare the crap out of their mother in law .. regardless, an even dumber moron bid on it. They have to be from the city and have no idea what a coyote really looks like.

14. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

It looks like he doesn't even bother to use a form for these mounts. Just stuffed em up with straw and called it good.

It's an insult to the animals. I think we should all start messaging him and telling him to stop.

15. ausomeacres

ausomeacres New Member

Believe it or not there are stores that sell and people that buy this sort of stuff. Watched a show called Oddities on the Discovery Channel, you wouldn't believe the things they sell or for that matter the people that buy the stuff. You can check it out on their website very bazaar. Anyhow, let"s hope that's the clientele he's targeting.

16. bubba z

bubba z New Member

Hell there is a taxidermist 25 miles from me that has been doing mounts for 30 years that still can't do them that good. I had to laugh when one of my buddies got his coyote back from him and asked me how much I would charge him to make it look right.I had to laugh when I told him well you get what you pay for.he just brought me a new coyote to mount for him and asked me what to do with his old one. I guess I need to tell him eBay.I said make sure you advertise it was mounted at quality taxidermy , which is really the name however ironic that is.

17. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

No, actually, mounts that are this horrid looking do more to make a good mount look better than you know. Someone buys that road killed coyote and then sees a really well done one that someone took pride in doing right ... looks at the hideous thing they have at home .. hides it in the garage in shame and then buys a decent looking one.

18. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Be careful on messaging him through ebay, I was given a warning to not badger sellers about their items. But yeah the guy definitely is a complete retard. According to him, the coyote ped that I commented on, the angle of the eyes IS correct and I was being rude. Maybe so but come on.....with some instruction, my five year old could do better.