1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Washington Assc.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by PLTannery, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I know there was some talk a while back about re-creating the Washington Taxidermy Association.... Did anything ever come of that?

2. The NORTHWEST TAXIDERMY ASSOCIATION, was originally started by Gene Klineburger, a sitting member on the NTA Board at that time. Jim August and I helped put it together, Jim garnering the Oregon taxidermist and I the BC and the Washington taxidermist, we had over 140 members and were strong. It was a good organization until no one wanted to stand up and take the reins of leadership after Garth Gilden, then it went by the wayside like a roadkill cat. Going ahead about 5 years I again restarted the organization holding the "rebirth meeting" at my shop. It has again failed to gain good leadership and has since vanished about 3 years ago. Two times is enough...unless you want to take the reins.

Buzzi

3. That's kinda what I thought...

WA is such a strange state for assocations... Not just taxidermy... I've seen More Associations/organizations come and go in the last 5 years... Something about the economy and mindset up here...

I'd love to see it resurected, maybe take the reins... but that won't be this year.