1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PTA show and wildlife art.

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Christian L, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Christian L

Christian L New Member

Hey gang, another GREAT show for PA has come and gone. What a great turn out for competition pieces this year which brings me to the wildlife art portion of the show. I would LOVE to see some increases in the competition entries in the next few years. The more the better, that's what I say. Strong competition builds stronger competitors.

On a side note, it was great to see the amount of kids and young adults taking an interest in the competition and show this year. The future of taxidermy and the PTA are the young people that are getting involved now, and it's our responsibility to see to it that they not only understand, but also ENJOY this craft. Today's amateurs are tomorrows world champions... keep that in mind.

-Christian

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

well said.

3. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

I agree

4. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

I enjoyed every wildlife art piece there. Glad I entered finally... I will definitely enter again next year!

5. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

This was my first show i have went to and went to see how it operated and what it was about. Now for the art part if i had known i would have entered it, its because of art competitions that i was interested in taxidermy competitions now that I'm learning taxidermy and intend to incorporate my artistic knowledge with it. Now do all the taxidermy shows have art sections in them? And do i have to enter in amateur first because i am new to this type of show, my personal opinion if i am able i would be entering in the master due to the comprison of works seen and my ability, and with my schooling it would be unfair to an amateur for me to be in that category. Now what are the limitations in the art category or is there a medium restriction that i can work with. Also i have future intentions of incorporating a oil painting into a mount could the actual painting part be eligible for entry, it would approximately be 8 square feet of canvas. And would a recreation of whitetail antlers of from scratch (not a replica just my preference in shape) be eligible for the art category also, and would it be wise to take step by step pictures of the process and brush painting? LOL one last question these score sheets i saw judges using how do i get a hold of them for each category? i am curious as to what the specifics are that's being judged.