1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Newby

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Hillbilly81, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hillbilly81

Hillbilly81 New Member

I was considering trying my hand at taxidermy. I was wondering if y'all might be able to give me some ideas as to what the essential beginner tools might be.

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

The archives. Do some reading right here on Taxidermy net. Just about any answer you'll need is here.
    Also you should check into your state association. You could learn a lot and meet great people willing to help you.
    Good luck and welcome to the world of taxidermy. ;)

3. Who are you and what did you do with Redwolf? LMAO!

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Don't get me going JB :D

5. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

LMAO OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER AND.......

6. Hillbilly81

Hillbilly81 New Member

Thanks for the info Redwolf. And I didn't do anything with Redwolf whatever that's about.

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

They are just insinuating I'm a big bad meany :D
    Truth is I like helping people but some (Not you) just don't use common sense. I just have a bad habit of telling them how I really feel. ::) :D

8. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

Hillbilly i myself as a beginner went ahead and bought the rick carter DVD on mounting whitetails, knowing i wasn't starting with one i figured id go ahead and learn since i will do them eventually, and in that video i just bought everything he was using and that has been a good starter for me in the tools category, oh and if you do get that one than do research on the krowtann. that has seemed to be a touchy subject on taxi net, i bought it without reading into it and have used it and honestly don't know whether to use it or not because it seems to be so controversial on both haters and users.

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Ahhh the old Krowtann vs. other tans. It's the same with DP vs tan or bondo ears vs ear liners arguments. Fun reads but all opinions.
    You have to play around and experiment with just about everything in taxidermy. Like clothes shopping, you need to trying on different shirts and shoes to figure out which fits you the best.
    And I agree 110% on Rick Carters A to Z DVD.

10. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

Yeah but i found a good fitting pair of shoes that i got from walmart and was like yay the shoe is fittin and im a wearing and i wore them out in a week. so the pickle im in dick is i need to figure out what stuff will last a long time. i guess as with tans i will move to the lutan f, havnt found much as far as cons on that and i have a deer head page my old taxidermist mounted in 02 and it looks as good as new using lutan .

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Are you calling me a dick? ???
    My post was a serious one.

12. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

LOL :D I thikn he did

13. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

lol no its a movie line meant to be funny. and my post was serious too i wore out walmart shoes in a week and i hope that krowtan doesnt make my two squirrels and a coon fall apart in a year lol.

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMAO!! Oh. OK :D

15. Hillbilly81

Hillbilly81 New Member

Thanks for all the info. Sorry fellas didn't realize I'd spark such a controversy.

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

There's no controversy. ;)

17. sportsman126

sportsman126 New Member

yeah movies called fun with dick and jane, an no hillbilly you didn't start anything and don't be sorry. this site is good, if your lucky your get the humor end of it, but there is also a oh i am a serious kumquat end of it too.

18. He called you a kumquat Redwolf! :eek: Hillbilly stick around. It's a heck of alot of fun when you get Redwolf all riled up! ;D

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Bite me JB :D I was all cute and cuddly till I started talking to you. Your a bad influence ;D

20. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Who ya been cuddling with ::)