1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fawns/ finn raccoon/ lady amherst feathers?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by meropespaniel, Mar 9, 2011.

1. See, they both start with the letter F...

I know that mountable finns are hard to come by... but does anyone have one by chance? Or wallhangers? (I'm in the process of buying one, but if I can't get the payment out in time...). I'd like to get a hat from Wolfwoman made from finn raccoon fur...

I remember a few of you guys telling me that deer fawns will become more readily available in the spring. Well... it's almost spring. I just wanted to let you all know that I am looking for one WITH those spots (if I can help it) and if any of you guys get some in I'd be willing to take one off your hands... :)

So... in short, I'm looking for finn raccoons and tanned lifesize fawns...

(PS: also still looking for Lady Amherst feathers!)

2. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

What is a finn raccoon ?? I have 2 almost black raccoons that are hole .. but could skin what ever way you would like and salt..

Give me a call if int. 763-913-4286 Thanks Shawn

3. I believe it's a subspecies of Raccoon Dog (tanuki), which isn't a raccoon at all. It's actually a canid

4. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

O thanks Mxgurl89 !! Un real kind of weird how would that happen ?? LMAO :eek:

5. Yep! They look enough like raccoons though! Their pelts is used in garments more so than taxidermy (and they are EXPENSIVE, much more so than a raccoon on the market), and I've been told that getting a hold of one would be difficult. Glacier Fur sells them, but I'd rather check and see if I could do business with someone here first!

To all: Just keep me in mind next time you get a fawn; I'm in desperate need of one! (was originally looking for a cape, but since those are looking near impossible to get, I'll just go lifesize).

6. It's been the legal 10 days, and I've seen some people posting fawns for sale. If anyone hears ANYTHING about a tanned fawn for sale and is willing to sell it, I'll be on the lookout for them :)

7. Michaels and Hobby lobby have 40-50 in amherst tail feathers mounted with wire inside , less then $4, they make great ad ons or replacements and are easy and durable.

8. Michaels and Hobby lobby have 40-50 in amherst tail feathers mounted with wire inside , less then $4, they make great ad ons or replacements and are easy and durable.