1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

found a nice shed today! NEW PIC ADDED

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by burdman, Mar 9, 2011.

1. burdman

burdman New Member

Went out in the rain today and found 4 sheds, one was the largest Ive ever found. 26" main beam, carries mass out close to the end.

[​IMG]

2. Re: found a nice shed today!

Nice find should be a real good one by the time next hunting season rolls around.

3. burdman

burdman New Member

Re: found a nice shed today!

Yea, too bad I only have permission to shed hunt there.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

So you think that Buck doesnt walk around or travel 6 miles a night at rut time?

5. burdman

burdman New Member

Its possible but our big bucks go nocturnal soon after the season starts, alot of pressure and too many does plus two large sanctuary properties.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Bucks have no boundries, that buck could end up in your lap when he is out on a date. You just never know.

7. Re: found a nice shed today!

Yep, a friend of mine shot a buck that had been ear tagged for research 41 miles from where he was tagged just months before. They can cover lots of ground

8. Re: found a nice shed today!

wow, i didnt think they traveled like that,i dont think thats the norm, but ill stay hopefull as ive seen some big bucks 15 miles from me, ill dream and pray extra hard this comming season, kevin

9. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

finding sheds keeps things exciting.

10. burdman

burdman New Member

Found a set almost a half mile apart. Found the right side then was walking a fence row and found the left one at the base of a small tree, looked like he was feeling a little lopsided so he rubbed it on the tree to knock it off. Never found a set that far apart before.

[​IMG]

11. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

we are still seeing antler on there heads here what is up with that its 12 march

12. burdman

burdman New Member

Most of ours lost them early but ive found a few fresh ones lately

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I would suspect that those sheds are from two different deer. The age is about all they have in common.

14. burdman

burdman New Member

They lay on the floor a little different which might make them look a little different but the measurements are almost identical except for the brows which are an inch apart and one has an extra point off the base which is a common trait in that area , same coloring and when you hold them up the points like up. They look like a perfect match. They are for sure from the same deer.