1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

USPS just had to eat one.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by RJ Simington, Mar 12, 2011.

1. RJ Simington

RJ Simington Active Member

I recently sent a large box from my studio in Oregon to Fairbanks Alaska .

We have had TERRIBLE luck with on time service from them on priorities & other kinds of shipping to Alaska . So we sent this one Express Guaranteed.

$ 113. instead of $55. but with their reputation with our shipping , lets try it.

WELL, It Did NOT make it on time,. In fact it was 2 days late.

Back to the post office, & believe it or not, we were immediately refunded the whole amount.

Now he said they will do an investigation to find out why it was late.

Might have to give er anouther try again soon, FREE SHIPPING Finaly. LOL

2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Suckers!

3. coyote4

coyote4 Member

RJ,
    It is worth trying again! When I have to ship guaranteed there is a better than 50% chance that my shipping will be free. Make sure to keep the paperwork and check when it arrives as they won't hunt you down to give you a refund. If they do an investigation, they sure don't seem to correct any problems.

4. RJ, We have a terrible time with shipping and receiving, here on the island. UPS and Fed-ex are not a option. I will have to try to have something sent Express Guaranteed. I know they wont let us ship anything out this way.
    Glad you got your money back, nice to hear someone got something good out of USPS!

5. bowhuntnnut

bowhuntnnut 210-260-0190

Had same thing happen here about a month ago. Purchased a cape from a guy in Alaska. He shipped it same way, express guaranteed delivery... Arrived one day late and was able to get a full refund. Refund went back to my customer, but what the heck.

6. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

USPS has been pretty good for me, I send most all my shippment through them, Very rarely have any problems

7. i myself use usps mostly also, and rarely have a problem,when i do its usually because of winter storms, kevin