1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WVTA FLAT ART CATEGORY

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Lone Wolf Taxidermy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. The WVTA is very pleased to add a new category to our competition at this years convention.

Last year we had some requests about a Flat Art category in our competition. These requests were presented to our BOD and the category was added to our competition.

For those of you that compete in this category we invite you to join us in our 25th Anniversary Convention and Competition at the Days Hotel and Convention Center in Flatwoods, WV on April 14 through 17, 2011.

For this year our new Art Division will consist of three categories. Flat Art, Photography and 3-Dimensional. Flat art will include all paintings and drawings. Photography will, of course be all photos. 3-Dimensional will be sculpture or painted objects, ie. skulls, bones, any and all things of a 3-D nature.

There will be multiple ribbons awarded in each category and one Judges Best of Show for the Division.

Convention info can be found at the WVTA website www.wvtaxidermy.com

2. I'm planning on making the trip down.

3. [​IMG] Here's the first one I competed with at the missouri show last year. I won first place with it. It is a special painting because I painted it for my friend Dave Cowley who passed away a year or so ago.His wife gave it back for memories.

4. Vince we are looking forward to growing this category into an exciting part of our competition. I hope you do make it to the convention. We will be pleased to have you become part of our association.

Bruce that's a very nice piece of work. It is folks like you and your story that make such works part of the history of the trade and the competitions more than just a contest. I know it's a pretty good hike from the "Show Me" state to the "Mountain State" but we certainly welcome you to join us.

5. dbess

dbess New Member

Be sure to visit www.wvtaxidermy.com for new information on this years convention.

6. We have had good response to this new division to our competition. We appreciate the questions that have been asked as this has given us insight as to how to structure the category.

WVTA looks forward to growing this into a larger part of our conventions in the future.

7. dbess

dbess New Member

Looking forward to this category and viewing all the great Artist's work, just a week and 1/2 left folks, so make your plans and reservations now!! Be sure to Visit our website at www.wvtaxidermy.com for updates, We hope to see you there!!

8. We have just added new info to this original post for you concerning the new Art Division

9. Hey Billy,
    Does the possum I ran over on my way to work this morning qualify for the flat art catagory? ::) He does look kind abstract! :D

Sorry, could'nt resist :D I'll have to see if I have anything to enter, just gotta blow some dust off em!

10. That's already been done Mac......LOL

[​IMG]

11. ;D

12. So....huh....Mac........how is that possum coming along.....I mean after all.... we did provide you with some good reference......LOL.

I want to thank everyone that has responded to this new division. We should have a good showing in it for the first go round and we are very pleased to have it become part of our competitions.

13. 4 days till the show and Mac is hard at work on his "Flat" art. Don't miss out on a great time and a lot of fun.